2 Questions, TC Electronics and THD related

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soheil

Reaction score
hi guys
I have two questions regarding buying new gear, first this is my setup:
Guitars: Ibanez RG570 with ss/an pickups, RG Prestige with Di Marzio/ibz pickups, and RG7420 7 String Guitar
Amp: Mesa Dual Recto 3 Channel, Marshall 1960A 4x12 (Mesa's with pulled
tube, so I use 8 ohm output to 16 ohm input of cab)

Now the questions:
1- I Want to buy a multi effect for this setup and though my choices are limited here I'm considering Gmajor, I wanna know if it's is good for my setup, right now i have a gt8 and i know it's a tone sucker for a tube amp, So I wanna know if I use a Gmajor in the loop, How much it will be better than putting Gt8 in the loop of mesa, i mean the precentage of sucking the tone!

2- i'm considering buying a THD Hotplate too, and I want to know which ohm would you recommend for my setup, right now i'm thinking about putting the tubes back in and buying a 4 ohm THD, what do you think?

and by the way, the tone i'm searching for is good riffs on channel 3 and petrucci-ish leads on channel 2 of the recto
Waiting for your answers

I will help you on the THD part of this thread. You will want the 16 ohm THD if that is what your marshall cab is rated at. Even if you pull two tubes you will still want the 16 ohm THD. Basically whatever your cab is rated at his what you want in a THD.

Thanks Siggy14, just another question, please help me out:
If I buy a THD hotplate with 16 ohms, Can I use it with a 8 Ohm cab too? I mean using a 8 Ohm Mesa output into THD 16, into a 8 ohm cab, i think it's not safe right?

Back