1988 Blue Stripe Mark III Special Edition with Maple Cabinet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BPski

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the serial numbering was for the Mk III Special Edition amps from 1988? Was it just a standard production serial # with the 1/100 plaque? It seems I have one after talking with Mike Bendinelli about this. He says that was the year and the stripe color. The only thing is the numbered (1/100) plaque is missing. The mounting holes are there but the plaque is MIA. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Best of luck on that one man. The only thing special was the badge and the maple cab. If you can find a good photo, I bet a trophy shop, engraver or name plate company can make you a replacement.

A question came up like this on another forum which made me look more closely at my 'Limited Edition' amp and the cab last year. I bought one of mine off eBay and had it shipped to the UK, turned out that although the amp was a blue stripe, there was a two year difference between the amp and the cab. :x My amp's serial number was a thousand or so away from someone else’s 'Limited Edition'. So I put my Mk2C in the maple cab, put the Mk3 in the white tolex cab and sold it. The Mk2C and its 'limited edition' maple cab are in storage at the moment, but from memory: Top line stated 'Limited Edition' and then the serial number i.e. '46/100', then in the middle was a large 'Mark III' and underneath that was Randall Smith's signature engraved. The photos I have of that cab don't really show any detail.
Ian

Latest posts

Back