• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1971 Vintage Traynor YBA-1 BAssMaster - $550 All guitared up

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oatman

Reaction score
$550 OBO - 1971 Traynor Bassmaster YBA-1. 60W These are legendary 'plexi' on the cheap amps. Exquisitely constructed by hand. Look for the article in vintage guitar magazine or in dave hunters tube amp handbook. These are built like tanks. HUGE USA Hammond transformers. Great NOS seaman EL-34 power tubes have plenty of life in them. Google around to find out why these are one of the top sleeper amps out there. Why pay 2,000 for a vintage Marshall when you can get a better made one for less than half the price. Recently worked over and spruced up by the great amp tech in philly Dave Martin. He put in new Sprague Atom Filter caps, cleaned up some of the insides and generally got things tip top. I hate to part with this guy, but I just have too many amps. A previous owner installed a MV and did it well so at Mr. Martin's suggestion I left it in. Some minor mods to optimize for guitar but mostly left stock. It has it's own sound and vibe which I like, but can easily be "plexified" if you want it to be more 'Marshall'. Very nice cleans which are plenty loud, even if it doesn't go past '3' or so on the dial. Jumper channel one and two to mix and match the dark and bright channels for maximum tonal possibilities. Unlike many Marshall amps the tone controls actually have some range to them and are usable throughout that range.

looking for local sale, but wiling to ship and negotiate. email me:
[email protected]

PIX

YBA-1front1of1.jpg

YBA-1wiring1of1.jpg

YBA-1Tube-back1of1.jpg

YBA-1wiringclose1of1.jpg

YBA-1serialnum1of1.jpg

YBA-1Tube-chart1of1.jpg

YBA-1paper1of1.jpg

Latest posts

Back