10 and 50 watt help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stokedpoke

Reaction score
What's up everyone? This is my first post here and really hoping to get some help or insight. I've owned a LSC for about a year now, bought it used. It's worked perfectly until this week. For some reason, I'm getting nothing out of my 10 and 50 watt settings on either channel. The 100 watt setting still works perfect on both channels (for now). The only thing that I've done recently was a complete tube overhaul from 6l6's to EL34's. I went through Eurotubes and bought their hi gain EL 34 package. Sounded amazing as soon as I made the change and it's been about 6 weeks, then this problem. I don't know if it has anything to do with the tubes or if its completely unrelated. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks so much for any help that anyone can give.

Sounds good. One question, you can bypass the tube rectifier tracking and use the silicone diodes for all channels, correct? In other words, if I select the silicone diodes on the back of the amp, everything should work. Hey, thanks again for your help and quick response!

The switch only changes the 50w setting.

In 100w mode the diode rectifier is always on.

In 10w mode the tube rectifier is always on.

In 50w mode the switch chooses which rectifier is on.

Thanks again SD! I'll go home and switch the tube rectifier out with the original I just replaced. That should let me know.

Screamingdaisy, you were spot on. The rectifier tube was toast. Switched to the silicon diode mode and 50 and 100 watt settings worked great. Eurotubes is sending a new JJ 5u4 rectifier and hope to have everything back in order next week. Thank so much for your help.

On another note, really enjoying this board. Wish I had discovered it earlier.

Latest posts

Back