Wolfgang

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grandor

Reaction score
Who else here loves the wolfgang?

If only for the beautiful neck that feels ohhh so good.
Or for the raw in your face sound, mmmm. I'm gonna go play it right now!

Yes, I am guilty... I love these things. I really wished I didn't but I just can't help myself.... I have had 8 of them.... help me, please....

8?
Whoa dude. I think your hooked.

I was so cut when they took them out of production, but this HP special has piqued my interest.

- Has anyone had a Custom Shop wolfie? How do they compare to the EXP,special,std's?

Grandor said:
8?
Whoa dude. I think your hooked.

I was so cut when they took them out of production, but this HP special has piqued my interest.

- Has anyone had a Custom Shop wolfie? How do they compare to the EXP,special,std's?

The Custom Shops seem to be put together a little better than the production model (assembly wise) they come out of the box ready to rock. Other than that they are pretty much like the production. As far as the HP Specials go... we shall see. I like that it has the coil tap and the floating trem. But, I am not sure it will fill the void of the Wolfgang.

joe

Love my Wolfgang!!! Before I got the wolf, I'd been a tele/strat man for 17 years (since age 16). I got my first Wolfgang by luck when I walked into a pawn shop last October and seen a gold-top WG hanging on the rack for $850 (also noticed it there about 8 months earlier, but wasn't interested) so I went back home and got my US Standard tele and walked in and said "I'll swap you straight across, the tele will sell much quicker", they said Ok and about 5 minutes later I walked out with my WG. They play SOOO much better than any other guitar I've ever owned. Now I'm wanting a flame-top model, but have to save $$ first, this new boogie tapped me out for most of the rest of the year for new gear. I also love my G&L ASAT (tele style) but not as much as my Wolfie.

I recently bought my second Wolfang Special. Number one is gold and I bought it brand new in early '99. Number two is a black one made in '99 and I traded a drum kit for it. I am amazed at the overall intonation of these guitars. They play in tune all over the fretboard. The D-Tuna works great and stays in tune also. I've gone through Les Pauls, SG's, G&L's, and too many others to list, but my Wolfgangs are keepers.
Check out evhregistry.com.

I just picked up a purple flame top special which plays like melted butter. Pics coming soon.

I love my Wolfie, it's a very underrated guitar, stock pups aren't bad and the neck is just the best. Mine is very sober, black, one volume knob, stoptail bridge, nothing to write home about. This is my backup instrument, I play with my LP usually. As I am looking to get a tremolo equipped guitar, I'm considering grabbing one with the D-Tuna. It's simply a great instrument, every guitar player should own one.

Back