why are mesa boogie raping us?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam02

Reaction score
I mean im a UK'r. and the prices are ridiculous. i cant really figure out why they are that expensive?

The only differences i know of between US models and EU models is the Export transformer and the varistor.

There may be some increase incured by tarrifs and other trade fees as well. But no doubt, for the price to be nearly twice the orriginal is retarded. Maybe one day you will find a used one on Ebay from someone in the UK. I'm in the US, bought mine used and it sounds great after retubing it. Good luck.

adam02 said:
I mean im a UK'r. and the prices are ridiculous. i cant really figure out why they are that expensive?

The only differences i know of between US models and EU models is the Export transformer and the varistor.

Exporting to europe is always a pain and the US does the same thing. Engl and Diezel amps are good values in Europe but we get bent over big time here in the USA

However, we get things from parts of the Asia for next to nothing.UNfortunately, Mesa has little control over any of it.It's 97% politicians and the geeks we made fun of in high school who are now running the world.

it is true that mesa is expensive in europe, I live in belgium and paid 2550 euro for my triple recto, thats about 3000 dollars. And I am fortunate because in yhe UK it is even more expensive. My advice to you, buy one in germany. http://musicstorekoeln.de/
This store is much cheaper than UK stores and they ship for free with large purchases.

Cheers

It's way out of line here in Norway, a Mesa Road King 2x12 Combo is a whopping 5800 dollars :evil:

Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:33 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's way out of line here in Norway, a Mesa Road King 2x12 Combo is a whopping 5800 dollars " THAT"S NOT COOL AT ALL!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

mrmax said:
Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:33 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's way out of line here in Norway, a Mesa Road King 2x12 Combo is a whopping 5800 dollars " THAT"S NOT COOL AT ALL!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Couldn't agree more :shock: :shock:

It's your Queen who has you bent over, and she's doing you with an imported American-made strap-on with all analogue circuitry.

Hey, there's a guy over there on your side of the pond who makes amps too. :twisted:

M

gosh, UK guys are so weenies... What is sallary in uk for let's say pro flash developer? 5000 punds per month? maybe even more... the sallary in usa is pretty much the same in dollars... **** let's say in lithuania for that kind of job i get up to 3000 lt which is ~1000$ or 600 pounds and i'm not crying that even though i get nothing, i have to buy amp abroad as there are no messas in here + i have to pay 21% import tax + i have to spend like 300$ on shipping. jezus wake up, if i'd live in uk or america i'd probably have everything i need and i think the best sollution for you is to work a little bit or so instead of crying on forums... sorry for all the teasing and so on, it just god on my nerves... :] cheers :D

MAiR said:
gosh, UK guys are so weenies... What is sallary in uk for let's say pro flash developer? 5000 punds per month? maybe even more... the sallary in usa is pretty much the same in dollars... **** let's say in lithuania for that kind of job i get up to 3000 lt which is ~1000$ or 600 pounds and i'm not crying that even though i get nothing, i have to buy amp abroad as there are no messas in here + i have to pay 21% import tax + i have to spend like 300$ on shipping. jezus wake up, if i'd live in uk or america i'd probably have everything i need and i think the best sollution for you is to work a little bit or so instead of crying on forums... sorry for all the teasing and so on, it just god on my nerves... :] cheers :D

Marshall TSL 60 head in UK : £499
" " " " " US : $1,199.00

1 Pound Sterling = 1.85785 US Dollars

So the UK price is $930

And the difference is $1,199.00 - $930.00 = $269 dollars.

Thats how much extra US folk have to pay for UK made amps, $269.

Mesa Boogie mark IV head in UK: £1899
" " " " " " US: $1850 + TAX

The UK version costs $3526

$3526 - $1850 = $1676

The extra we have to pay is $1676 for a Mesa boogie in the UK.

The extra US folk have to pay is $269 For a Marshall in the US.

@ MAiR: STfu, if the UK is such a weenie country then why are all the Lithuanians coming over here to try and sell us paintings on our doorsteps.

Its not our problem lithuania has a poor economy.

I couldnt give a toss if you have to sell your home to get a mesa boogie, my arguement is simply Mesa Boogie are ripping the EU off by about $1400 dollars. and Marshall are doing an awesome deal for US ppl.

Not all of us are Pro flash developers.

And the solution isnt to "Work more".

later 8)

personally i don't go there to do some shitty job, you see even working a shitty job people can make quite a lot of money to spend when back to lt. But baisiclly you get 10 times more for any job you do in there ;]. I'm not sure if there's a reason to cry... instead of saving money from one sallary you just save from 2 of these and you can get mesa easilly..

well ok with marshall, it's a good thing for us guys, but i think the best way to see weather you are raped or not (sound silly :)) is to calculate how much months of money saving you have to live to get mesa with a average sallary in uk and i us, i think that will be pretty much the same... correct me if i'm wrong

Well... global trade is a complicated matter.

There is one thing, though, that manufacturers of electrical or electronic goods can do. It is to offer global voltage transformers in their products.
Just a 117 Volt/230 Volt will do the trick.

This way, you can always buy your amp in the cheapest country and figure out how to bring it into your country.
Maybe, you will need to pay some taxes but you don't need to pay the rapist.
Regards

there's also another thing that you can do, you can baisicly buy 110v and change the transformer or even better you can buy o transformer which converts 220 -> 110...

and about the global trade... this is usually because of supplier... all the goods have their sort of value, but for europe those goods are sold in euros and in usa are sold for bucks... the same goes with all guitars, with all sports equipment and totaly everything :]

Back