which one is better suited a mark IV or dual recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I play heavy meatl with lots of crunch and low end similar to lamb of god, and i do know they use mark 4's but i am wanting a little more more searing lead and more distortion, ilike pantera and all of that inbetwwen need help in picking the best amp please help i know what both sound like but never had them side by side. just want a killer massive harmonic squealing heavy metal breakdown amp

If you want a pantera sounding ripping distortion get a new krank. I wouldn't because they arent too versitle. If you want a sound that can go from hell and back to heaven get a recto. Mark morton said he uses two markIV's at a time. He has one amp with scooped mids and one with cranked mids. I think that is why there sound is so wicked. Willie Adler just uses one head. He says in guitar world "The markIV is incredibly versatile, and even though it has that real low-end punch and I can pump the gain like crazy, I can also adjust it to where it never loses clarity." I dont have a markIV so I thought you might like to hear what Lamb of God says. Hope this helps.

You might try using a M4 w/EL34's: "best" of both worlds, kinda/sorta...

Latest posts

Back