• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Which new MESA could souind like this.... Please help.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeq7

Reaction score
I am looking for a Mesa Head that would sound like a vintage "Mesa Engineering" 1 channel head from 1978 or 1979. What new or recently released Mesa Head would sound like that amp. I know it would have to have 2 6L6 tubes but I'm not sure about any other specs. The front panel of the amp I am trying to emulate has the logo "Mesa Engineering" not "Mesa Boogie" on it. Any info on this amp or how I could best emulate the sound of it with a new Head would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like you are going for Weezer - the blue album, perhaps? I've found something close to that sound from my mark iv combo + les paul (with 490 series pickups). I spent years trying to figure out what made that sound so "happy" on my ears, and I think its honestly just your average crunchy guitar plus a bass doubling the guitar part an octave lower, played very stacatto. But the mark iv does it well (and whole heck of a lot more).

-Chris

Latest posts

Back