When playing a new mesa....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grandor

Reaction score
What is your EQ approach to playing new mesa models that you havent tried before?

ie - fav settings from your other amps?
- everything on 5?
- everything on 1?

I was just wondering because I'm getting a new cab tomorrow and I was thinking of which EQ approach to take..

Applies to any amp that I'll demo: Always turn master down! Then set EQ: Treble=1:30, Mids=10:30, Bass=12:00, Presence=12:00. Turn standby on, Gain to taste! Thats usually my starting point, but Mesas can take some time to dial in, they're controls are very intuitive, a good thing!

I turn everything (except the master volume) to noon....then, if it's an older Mark series with a graphic EQ, I turn the bass down to 9:00 and put a big old V on the graphic.

i usually turn the bass to 10 or 11 o clock mids to noon and highs to noon, prsence to about 2 o clock. and always work my way up from the master volume :lol: (one to many triple recs left @ GC with the vol up, nearly crapped my pants)

ive found every thing right up the middle is a good place to start.
then play for a coupla minutes and make your adjustments as
neccesary. good luck!

I usually start with the bass at about 3:00, mids at 9:00 and treble at about halfway. If there's a presence control, I dime it. Then I season to taste.

I try to turn everything to 11, then I get pissed off because I remember that the dials arent marked so I cant actually do that so I walk away and play other amps.

:wink:

(everything at noon and go from there)

Back