What do you think of this IIC+?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottm

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im new to the Vintage section, Ive had a recto or 2 over the past few years. I am considering a Mark IIC+ and have seen this one here. It seems pretty beaten up. It's a 60/100W and the serial is 11581. The seller goes to a lot of trouble to prove it has been upgraded by showing it passes the Loop test on Youtube. The amp doesn't seem to have the MB initials under the power cord though.

Is it legit? Is it overpriced?

Hmmm. I am by no means a C+ expert but I believe I have seen cleaner upgrades with better documentation go for roughly the same price. I would PM a member of those board named boogiebabies. He seems to know a lot revarding C+ value an authenticity.

It looks legit to me. You can call Mesa on Monday (707-778-6565) with the serial # and see if they have any documentation. I'd be a little concerned about the rust on the transformers. $1,800 seems reasonable for a 100/60 upgrade with rev and graphic.

dodger916 said:
It looks legit to me. You can call Mesa on Monday (707-778-6565) with the serial # and see if they have any documentation. I'd be a little concerned about the rust on the transformers. $1,800 seems reasonable for a 100/60 upgrade with rev and graphic.

I'ld be ALOT concerned about that much rust on the transformers. I do not know if they can be properly restored or not.
Jim

Sixstringpsycho said:
I honestly think you can find a cleaner conversion for roughly the same price. Those transformers are seriously rusted.
av8or3 said:
dodger916 said:

I'ld be ALOT concerned about that much rust on the transformers. I do not know if they can be properly restored or not.
Jim

Wow ....I gotta agree; those are about the rustiest transformers I've seen yet. Wonder if it spent a lot of time either sitting in the rain in outdoor gigs or just stored in a damp basement. :roll:

You will likely have to replace them....better get a price quote on those before making an offer! 8)
Good luck! :)

location: Hayward, CA... near lots of salt water and humidity. rust? :)

Guys thanks for all your advice. I PMed boogiebabies who said he wouldn't bother with this one. It's been on ebay a week now so i guess that says something about it too.

scottm said:
Guys thanks for all your advice. I PMed boogiebabies who said he wouldn't bother with this one. It's been on ebay a week now so i guess that says something about it too.
+1-you hang around here awhile if you want to take the plunge-you won't be disappointed-best advice available(when bb talks, we listen :) )

Honestly, guys, this could be a great fixer upper for a hobbyist....figure $300-500 ea for the Xformers....Offer $800 for the IIc+ as-is, and for $1800 or even less, you got a great amp.

Mind you, I am 'guesstimating' the cost of the transformers, but they will likely be "hundreds" each, if they are available.

Otherwise, move on....nothing to see here! 8) :wink:

Latest posts

Back