What do YOU plug in to your Mark2c+????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elpelotero

Reaction score
About to make a huge guitar buy, (gibson, prs sorta thing) and I'm wondering what it is you plug in to your 2c+? This is my dream amp of the future. Right now i have a rectifier. So i have to find a balance b/w the recto and a 2c+. I of course want those singing dripping leads.

also, not only what you plug in, but anything you HAVE plugged in, be it a friends guitar or a store, etc.
Thanks!

WhiteDelBoogie.jpg

1998 Historic Les Paul Flame Top
3 Music Man Luke 1's with EMG's and Floyds
1 MM Petrucci w/ piezo's
1 1992 MM EVH
1 1985 San Dimas Charvel Floyd Ebony
1 1985 San Dimas Charvel Kahler Maple
1 1986 Jackson San Dimas Soloist Floyd
1 1987 Ibanez RG 550
1 1992 Telecaster Plus Maple/Ash

1998 Les Paul Elegant
1999 Les Paul 59 Reissue
1994 PRS Artist LTD
2005 PRS Modern Eagle
2003 PRS CU24

Factory Done custom to spec by Jim O'Connor. I was really pleased with the results. He worked off a series of drawings I sent the factory. Here's a link with some more pics.

http://hamermuseum.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1264

Mine's not a plus, but I use an Epiphone with Evolutions tuned to C standard and a mahogany/maple/paduak 7-string with an EMG 81 tuned to standard.

The Evolution is the smoothest lead pickup I've ever played. The rhythm sound is kind of weak unless you are detuning with heavy strings. An 81 will get you a similar sound with less mids and, of course, all of the benefits that come with active pickups.

nocluejimbo said:
Mine's not a plus, but I use an Epiphone with Evolutions tuned to C standard and a mahogany/maple/paduak 7-string with an EMG 81 tuned to standard.

The Evolution is the smoothest lead pickup I've ever played. The rhythm sound is kind of weak unless you are detuning with heavy strings. An 81 will get you a similar sound with less mids and, of course, all of the benefits that come with active pickups.
you're using a regular 81 in a 7? how does that work, or do you mean the 81-7

dylan7620 said:
nocluejimbo said:

you're using a regular 81 in a 7? how does that work, or do you mean the 81-7

I do mean the 81-7.

Mark III owner here.
1976 Les Paul Custom
1998 USA strat
RG520QS...
But, I'll tell you what. PRS makes some sweet guitars, and are extraordinary out of the box... I like the hollowbody models myself.. Very toneful, and versatile.Of course the soapbar swamps are awesome too.
You really can't go wrong with a Les Paul, usually, but PRS is just a super well made guitar.....
ax. :twisted:

Latest posts

Back