Using Triple Crown Line Out

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffariasrey

Reaction score
Hello guys!

I'm not fond of the built-in cab clone in the TC-50. So I was wondering if I could use the line out to connect to a Focusrite Scarlett Interface and record with my own IRs. I tried connecting the line out of the TC-50 directly to the interface with a regular guitar cable, but I didn't get any signal. I'm quite a noob in this regard, so I'm probably doing something wrong.

Any guidance on this matter?

Cheers,
Felipe

The TC-50 line out is a TS type. +4dBu signal level. (unbalanced).

What type of cable are you using? The manual for the TC-50 indicates if you are using a TRS 1/4 plug, only insert it part way otherwise you end up grounding the input. Most of the Scarlett units have a universal XLR TRS combo jack. Check the manual for the Focusrite Scarlette interface to see if it can be used with a 1/4 mono TS unbalanced cable. If so, just use a standard guitar instrument cable. Also, if the input has an instrument level mode, do not use it. TC-50 line out is +4dBu and not at instrument level.

Thanks for the reply! Im using a standard instrument cable. I’ll give it a try later

Latest posts

Back