using fx loop to attenuate volume

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmtrub

Reaction score
I have the master cranked up, and I'm using the output to keep the volume under control. It sounds great, but is this a bad idea for any reason?

pmtrub said:
I have the master cranked up, and I'm using the output to keep the volume under control. It sounds great, but is this a bad idea for any reason?

Well, as the master is the send volume as well, this could distort/clip/damage the input stages of pedals/processors that you might have in the loop if not calibrated properly with the send level control on the back. Other than that, I don't see any issues.

Octavarius said:
pmtrub said:

Well, as the master is the send volume as well, this could distort/clip/damage the input stages of pedals/processors that you might have in the loop if not calibrated properly with the send level control on the back. Other than that, I don't see any issues.

I'm not running anything in the loop, just activated the loop so I can use the output and solo knobs. No foreseeable problems?

Latest posts

Back