Tuffbox shock mount rack cases - any experience?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I buy the case?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

velodoug

Reaction score
This price seems too good to be true. I'm intrigued by its claim of light weight and durability. Does anyone have an opinion or experience that would influence my purchase decision? I'm planning on mounting the amp of my Mesa Mark IV combo in a rack mount kit, so I'd like the shock mount. I will also mount some rack gear and a couple of drawers for cables and pedals.

I thought about getting one of those, but the truth is, as much as these amps cost, they deserve a sturdy flight case to keep them housed in. That's why I went with ATA spec'd cases for my Cab and Head. I know they are a lot more pricey, but in the end, you'll have a lot more piece of mind when/if you ever take it one on the road.

-AJH

I have a Tuffbox for my Mackie PA. While it's a good way to get to the gig without breaking the knobs off, it's not the sturdiest tree in the forest. Sometimes I worry about putting the Mackie on top of the empty cabinet as a PA stand during gigs, as it seems a little flimsy. It's OK for light use, and transportation in the back of the car only. Not a serious touring box.

Latest posts

Back