Triple Recto Modifications (Voodoo)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triple rectumfrier

Reaction score
I was poking around the net while at work (yea im bored) and I came across this site.

http://www.voodooamps.com/standardmods.html

is this worth it? the Deluxe mod + FX loops (I'm probably going to do the FX loop no matter what) but the Deluxe just sounds too good to be true!!

Anyone done this to there triple?

-Matt

Voodoo amps did the standard mod on mine, and I LOVE IT!!! If you like the recto tone and think it could sound better, this is the thing to do.
More clarity, punch, and less buzz, tighter bottom, but it'll still sound like a recto.
Best customer service.<---PERIOD
Call him up that's the best thing to do.

Most "big" artists have their own Techs who can handle stuff like this them selves no need to pay someone else when your already paying this person.

I checked out the web site you posted, its like friggin almost $700 US for a deluxe mod.... :|

Im no math wizz but let me see here...
Voodoo Mod :$689.00
Shipping from CDN :$250.00
Tax and duty :God only knows what mood the bastards will be in, ~$100

U.S.$1039.00

Currency exchange $1224.25

is this worth it?
What does the mod do, cause at that price I could sell my trirec and put the mod cost toward a RK2. I wouldnt mod any amp unless it was local and a fraction of the cost of the original amp, anything more and I would just buy new.

Just me.

according to there site, they can undo them, but they would rather you definitely WANT the modification then think you want it and try it out. for 7 hundo you BETTER want the mod.

triple rectumfrier said:
according to there site, they can undo them, but they would rather you definitely WANT the modification then think you want it and try it out. for 7 hundo you BETTER want the mod.

Well it's cool it can be undone. but by the same logic, if you've spent 1800 on an amp why would ya want a voodoo mod? i mean for 1800 you should be sure you like the way the amp sounds in the 1st place.

I could possibly see getting the mod done to an amp you got for very little money. but for an amp like a triple rectifier, if ya don't like the way it sounds you should probably just sell it and get an amp you like better. but that's just my opinion.

invest in an EQ pedal or rack so you can fine tune the recto. you may be able to accomplish the same thing by killing some of the harsh or flubby frequencies.

i bought the triple loving it, and i still love it. the fact is, it can be tighter, and have more gain without sacrificing tone, things can always be made better.

If I bought a ferrari I am sure I would still want to mod it. But that's just how I am with the things I own.

Hey guys ! I use to live near Rochester for a few years and met the owner Trace, super nice guy, at his new shop location near Ithaca, NY. My other guitarist had a gain stage mod & new Ruby El34's done to a Marshall JCM800 2204 & it absolutely crushed after the work + eq was usable - night and day difference.
He also turned me onto the Ruby Tubes EL34 bstr"s for my 97 Dual Rec and was instantly sold (previously used 6L6's exclusively) I was so happy that I found these guys, they really know what they're doing up there.
He also let me hear a 99 Dual Rec with deluxe mod and mercury magnet Transformer mod and as most if not all of you know how good a stock 2 channel DR/TR with all new tubes sounds... just multiply that by 10 !!! It really is worth it...I didn't want to leave his shop.
Everything was so much clearer, tighter...better !

I would highly recommend VooDoo Amp mods !!!

my $0.02

^ I liked just reading that.

I have talked myself into the Deluxe mod as well as the FX loop mod. But from an outside stand point, would you completely recommend doing this? It would cost me around $750 for it all.

I need to start saving!!!

Voodoo amps have a very good reputuation for their mods, I'm in the Buffalo area myself.

Some of the Rectifier mods are pretty extensive, so be aware that the your amp will basically be turned into a Voodoo amp that resides in a Rectifier chassis/headshell :D

<would you completely recommend doing this?

:D This is what you'll end up looking like after the mod...no joke !
I really can't say enough about his work ethic/coolness/knowledge when it comes to holy grail tone.
Save the duckies dude and go for it !!! I am.

ThunderMonkey said:
Hey guys ! I use to live near Rochester for a few years and met the owner Trace, super nice guy, at his new shop location near Ithaca, NY.

where is the store located? I might drive a couple hours to get there.
thanks!

Thanks guys, I am need to start putting aside a bill a week. 7 weeks I will have my Voodoo'd Triple. I read the turn around time is 3 to 5 days...so this means, the whole thing would be around 1 - 2 weeks gone with UPS delivering ground? They mentioned walk in service...the Deluxe mod can be done within an hour? Or does it take longer...

Wait walkin doesn't even matter for me, I am on the other side of the states.

Latest posts

Back