Triaxis+2:90+G-force tone test. Clip inside

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nexus

Reaction score
My band started recording sessions at this month. I´m looking for good recording sounds and here is something: http://koti.welho.com/jhyytia5/Solo%20TEST.mp3

There is my bad bass playing too:) with drum machine...
But just a tone test for guitar.

Solo is recorded with sm57 and sennheiser 421. Riffs are recorded only with sm57.

Tell me what u think

I use cubase vst32 and battery plugin. I don´t remember drumkit name.
It´s not the best, but it works.
57 is the main sound, about 60% and 421 about 40%... or something like that.

what kind of cab and volume did you use.

how many tracks of the rhythym did you do???

i ask because i think you got agreat tone and im in the learning stages of fine tuning my engineering for gutiar tone myself, i have a thread like right nexxt to yours with a short clip of mine if you want to check it out.

sounds great...could you post your settings for the sounds you used? I would love to experiment some....if you don't mind let me know what mode and settings for both the rhythm and lead sounds!!!!!!! Thanks.

I dont remember rhythm settings, but mode is LD2 red with deep and modern on.
My amp prsence is about 1-2 o´clock.

Lead mode is LD2 green. Settings are gain 6,5, treble 5,0, middle 6,0, bass2,0, drive 6,5, master 4,0, pres 4,5, DV 6,5.
deep and modern on.
Delay time 350 feedback 27 mix level 22%

Beginning of solo i take about 50% volume out of guitar and then rise it after 14 sec.
at the end of solo, raise mix level to 45% and use volume pedal or guitar vol.

how many tracks of the rhythym did you do???

i ask because i think you got agreat tone and im in the learning stages of fine tuning my engineering for gutiar tone myself, i have a thread like right nexxt to yours with a short clip of mine if you want to check it out.

2 guitars for rhythms. And pan them 1 to left 1 to right speaker. Main solo has only 1 guitar, at the end 2 guitars...those fade things and delay.

yes twice.
It´s very hard to play it, but it gives very cool sound. But only if you play it VERY similary

is that "super stereo" good or bad thing???

...and lead has reverb too.
Large room and decay time 2,5
mix 5%

nexus said:
I dont remember rhythm settings, but mode is LD2 red with deep and modern on.
My amp prsence is about 1-2 o´clock.

Lead mode is LD2 green. Settings are gain 6,5, treble 5,0, middle 6,0, bass2,0, drive 6,5, master 4,0, pres 4,5, DV 6,5.
deep and modern on.
Delay time 350 feedback 27 mix level 22%

Beginning of solo i take about 50% volume out of guitar and then rise it after 14 sec.
at the end of solo, raise mix level to 45% and use volume pedal or guitar vol.

thanks.

an easier way to record a doubled guitar part is by playing it once and then pan it left and put on the right site a delayed guitar of 10-20ms.

larsmars said:
an easier way to record a doubled guitar part is by playing it once and then pan it left and put on the right site a delayed guitar of 10-20ms.

Yeah, but its not the best way to do it. Recording riffs like nexus have done makes the sound more natural, richer and fuller.

Pro's double even their solo's playing them twice... takes a lot precision and skills but it pays back in great tone. :wink:

larsmars said:

If you want a real stereo separation its a wrong thing to do .
The only way to get real stereo is playing and recording guitars twice.
Playing two times you can never play the 2 parts exactly the same.Sometimes you play a part a a little beat before the other and sometimes a little beat after the other.
If you record just one part and the second part is just the same guitar delayed,you ll got two guitars one real and another simply delayed,just two guitars one before the other.
The second guitar will be always after the first one.

Latest posts

Back