Tremoverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desdinova

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just wana check, isit just me or my tremoverb head lacks gain? im using a Yamaha AES720 guitar with a gibson 500t bridge pickup through a ADA 4x12 split cab with greenbacks.

However when i used my friends les paul with stock pickups, its sounds great.

As for tubes, im using EH el34s and 12ax7 but for v1 im using marshall ecc83.

Also my serial no. is R-006172x. Any idea which year its made? it has chrome pointed knobs. and if ANYBODY has the solution to where the problem lies with my head pls tell me. Im experiencing the same probs with 4nkam and tele-jas. Thanx a bunch guys.

Hmm, it could be a few things really. The thing that kinda puzzles me though is it not sounding great with your guitar, but it sounds fine with your friend's guitar. Are you sure your's is wired up correctly?

Putting that aside for a moment, if you are experiencing other problems it could be a few things. Are the tubes in good shape? Are they all properly seated?

As tele found out, the LDR switching could be the problem and it's a well known fact that the screen grid resistors to burn up eventually, so it could be that too. I think there is also another resistor in the power section that can go bad and needs replacing...Trace from Voodoo Amps knows about these problems very well and might be able to give you some more indepth tech advice if you call him up. These problems are why they don't mod the Tremoverbs anymore.

MJ

If you can't get enough gain out of your TOV, then there is something wrong in you chain... be it the guitar or the amp. While the TOV has less gain that the standard DR, it still has plenty on tap to provide more than you really need. From what I gathered in your post, I'd check the guitar first.

Back