The Ultimate Mark I - Keef's!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BWK, those pics of the power tubes look like 415's, are those original's? If so and made in USA, aren't they sylvania made for mesa?

I just don't get all the obsession with the stones, and Keith. Keith can barely play. They haven't made a decent album since 'Let it Bleed'. OCD is a treatable disease.

I do appreciate all the info on the boogie files though. Thanks.

Mustang said:
BWK, those pics of the power tubes look like 415's, are those original's? If so and made in USA, aren't they sylvania made for mesa?

They're definitely Sylvanias, but as far as "made for Mesa"...naw, the only amp company that was ever a big enough tube user to get a special request was Fender. "415s" are just the Sylvania 6L6GC of the day.

AdmiralB wrote: "They're definitely Sylvanias, but as far as "made for Mesa"...naw, the only amp company that was ever a big enough tube user to get a special request was Fender. "415s" are just the Sylvania 6L6GC of the day."

That's why I assume Sylvania manufactured the STR 415's, labelled made in USA, with Mesa lettering that I saved from my MK III.

[/quote]

AdmiralB wrote: "They're definitely Sylvanias, but as far as "made for Mesa"...naw, the only amp company that was ever a big enough tube user to get a special request was Fender. "415s" are just the Sylvania 6L6GC of the day."

That's why I assume Sylvania manufactured the STR 415's, labelled made in USA, with Mesa lettering that I saved from my MK III.

Speaking as a divine practitioner of the fine metal arts and as a devout hater of the Rolling Stones (*gasp* I know) haha that is a true rock n' roll, classic find! Congrats!! I agree with a previous post, that this has got to be on the best posts on this forum!

Greenevil said:
Speaking as a divine practitioner of the fine metal arts and as a devout hater of the Rolling Stones (*gasp* I know) haha that is a true rock n' roll, classic find! Congrats!! I agree with a previous post, that this has got to be on the best posts on this forum!

+1! Regardless of how much you like or dislike the Rolling Stones, then MOJO of this amp is undeniable!

Dudes, if a metal band had played at Altamont when the going got tough they would have run and hide. Keith may not be a great guitar player (just one of the best songwriters of all time) but he has balls and did stand up to the Angels and the crowd and told them them to chill out. "if that cat there doesn't stop it man were leaving" Ah the good old days.

Keith is an awesome guitar player. He has always chosen not to be a guitar hero and plays his part with no ego. I f you really look for it, you can find him playing licks that are unreal.
I would say he is a very underrated guitar player and chooses to be so. Why Ron Wood plays most of the solo's in the Stones is beyond me because Keef is so much better at it.

Boogiebabies said:
Keith is an awesome guitar player. He has always chosen not to be a guitar hero and plays his part with no ego. I f you really look for it, you can find him playing licks that are unreal.
I would say he is a very underrated guitar player and chooses to be so. Why Ron Wood plays most of the solo's in the Stones is beyond me because Keef is so much better at it.

Very true. Plus which, their music really had no place for the Hero, and frankly, I doubt Keith had the chops. But more importantly, he didn't need them! Anyone who's really listened closely to the Stones (I have, for 40 years) can appreciate the body of music this man has created. Their best songs don't just relay life's stories, they add color, depth and emotion to the tale, and his guitar's voice is at the heart of that message. And no, you don't need to be a virtuoso to play his stuff...but it just sounds right, and has more soul than many of the shredding virtuosi. He exemplified the "less is more" axiom, always with perfect tone!

Keith is a survivor. The proto-typical post 1950's bad boy: part hitter, part hippie, with all the right nasty habits and lotsa heart, who took his lumps defiantly, with humor, and without regrets. You gotta love him!

dodger916 said:
Boogiebabies said:

Very true. Plus which, their music really had no place for the Hero, and frankly, I doubt Keith had the chops. But more importantly, he didn't need them! Anyone who's really listened closely to the Stones (I have, for 40 years) can appreciate the body of music this man has created. Their best songs don't just relay life's stories, they add color, depth and emotion to the tale, and his guitar's voice is at the heart of that message. And no, you don't need to be a virtuoso to play his stuff...but it just sounds right, and has more soul than many of the shredding virtuosi. He exemplified the "less is more" axiom, always with perfect tone!

Keith is a survivor. The proto-typical post 1950's bad boy: part hitter, part hippie, with all the right nasty habits and lotsa heart, who took his lumps defiantly, with humor, and without regrets. You gotta love him!

I can add to your description of emotion and feeling. It is not the 'Stones, but invokes the same MOJO for me. Take another listen to ZZ Top's "Have You Heard" from the Tres Hombres album. No shredding, just some badass slide playing and fills. :D

Latest posts

Back