The Mark V is amazing!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmcfee

Reaction score
I bought a Mark V head and brought it home. Then I got a bad head cold and I couldn't get a decent tone from the amp! Hahaha! My ears were plugged up I guess.
The cold is gone and the tones are amazing! I first thought the clean was not quite good as the Lonestar but now I'm not so sure. The amp seems like a brilliant piece of design.
The distortions are so rich with harmonics.

Good news then! Do you still have the Lonestar? My MK V head arrives today! I'm a little nervous.... Will post my findings later.

No I had to trade the Lonestar. I would like to have a dozen amps but I always trade to reduce the cost a bit. I think I can get by with the Mark V!

It's here! unpacked and sat on top my Lonestar head. Not switched it on even! How exciting!!! :D

Mork said:
It's here! unpacked and sat on top my Lonestar head. Not switched it on even! How exciting!!! :D

See you in a couple days when you finally get done with channel 1!

Scary said:
Mork said:

That's probably true! I've had a play around with channel 1 now, and I'm just having a break (don't want to overdo it :wink: ). Thought I'd compare it to the lonestar clean and am pleasantly surprised :) at first the Lonestar sounded a bit flat but there's seem to be a slighty more complex sound to it, but now I've tweeked the V some more I'm getting a bit of the chimeyness going.... Haven't touched ch2 or 3 yet!

Congrats on the new Boogie!
I find the clean Channel to be breaking in or something - it is getting that sparkling high end. Of course I am running the masters at around 1 o clock lately and that may bring it to life a bit more. It is very good clean tone! Great reverb.

I picked one up last weekend and rehearsed with it for the first time last night. (I left out the part where I played it constantly at home).

What a fantastic amp. Channel 2 is less friendly than 1 and 3. A little to much treble but I can work with that. I think the G12T-75s in the cab I used were a little brighter than what I am used to.

Anyway I no longer need 2 amps and 37 pedals to go where I want to go. A TC 2290 in the loop is all I plan to use for now. I have been a marshall and two rock guy up until know. I'm not sure how I'm going to tell my friends i'm loving the M5.

Mork said:
Scary said:
Mork said:

That's probably true! I've had a play around with channel 1 now, and I'm just having a break (don't want to overdo it :wink: ). Thought I'd compare it to the lonestar clean and am pleasantly surprised :) at first the Lonestar sounded a bit flat but there's seem to be a slighty more complex sound to it, but now I've tweeked the V some more I'm getting a bit of the chimeyness going.... Haven't touched ch2 or 3 yet!

In my experience the amp is very clear when it's breaking in. It warms up after a couple of weeks.

:? does an amp really break in? or do you mean the tubes, or speaker?? :shock:

Latest posts

Back