Thanks for the Help Reverb Noise

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalaware

Reaction score
The Reverb Loud Humming problem has been solved thanks for the help it was the Preamp Valve V3 that was causing the trouble; I replaced it with one of the old Valves but I have noticed that the older Valve does not burn as brightly as the new valves is this a problem?

And a general question about Boogie Mrk IVs are they always as noisy even in clean mode recording this amp is quite a challenge I have a gate to stop all the noise going to Tape. And in overdrive all hell breaks lose I have removed the fan (pulled of the cable)
I have had this amp sent to Mesa Boogie and they say alls well with the amp, I never had this noise level with my Quad preamp or Marshal amps.
I use good quality cables a Gibson les Paul custom and a Fender Eric Clapton.

I see this a lot .
If you play an electric guitar there is noise INHERENT in the system
I am so amazed that You youngsters don"t realize what a great creative element this add's. And while your up there, clean your room .

C'mon dal' Tell us how you really feel .

All preamp tubes are microphonic to some degree.Some more so than others.High gain amps,by the nature of the higher gain structure amplify this more than a Fender Twin,for example.There are many other things that cause noise,but speaking of tubes,the thing to do is find tubes that will run quieter in a high gain amp,such as the Mesa SPX7,which is supposed to be selected for low noise.But be aware that just because a tube starts out fairly quiet,as it ages it will become noisier,more microphonic.So it is safe to say that a certain amount of noise is normal,especially when you crank the likes of a Mesa amp.The preamp in these amps is where your distortion is generated,along with that high gain you will get an increase in noise.Just the nature of the beast.

Even with humbuckers, the location of the guitar in relation to the amp and any computer monitors can adversely effect noise levels. Sometimes you gotta get the guitar as far away from the amp and computers as possible.
The "modern" digital recording process makes any tiny whiff of noise stand out. Back in the bad old days of analog tape, everything was noisy, so no one noticed.

Latest posts

Back