Taken my UK Mark V head to Canada

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorbz62

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just a request for information - I've just brought my Mark V head to Canada and would like to know options for using it here at 110v, as it is a 240v version.

Do I need a new PT or is there another taap on it to solder onto? Would I be OK using an external transformer and if so, what wattage output - 1000w? Where can I get one in Canada?

Cheers,
Jim

Personally I would just call Mesa/Boogie customer service and ask. They will help you out.

I also found this thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=603373

Where in Canada are you headed? Are you here permanently? If so, and you are in the Toronto area, Yorkville Sound (manufacturers of Traynor, etc.) are the Mesa Service center and are located just on the eastern edge of Toronto. Any Long & McQuade location can hook you up for factory approved mods.

I am in Collingwood, not that far from Toronto. Where would the nearest place be?

Jim

I suspect you would be closest to one of the west end stores, i.e. Brampton or perhaps even Guelph. The Guelph one might be a bit quicker to get in and out of from Collingwood, as you don't have to deal with the Toronto area traffic. Last I checked, Yorkville will only accept amps shipped from a L&M location, which is a shame, as I live only about a km from them and still had to take one of my Mesas to a store first. The 2 companies are quite closely linked, btw and service was very good.

Gilbert Guitars in Barrie is Mesa Dealer as is the ARTS in Newmarket.

I find the Arts is a great store, their staff are really accommodating at least that was my experience with them.

From what I understand about pricing, selling the 240v one back in the UK and buying a 120v version in Canada will likely leave you with money in your pocket...

Not sure if that's still an option?

screamingdaisy said:
From what I understand about pricing, selling the 240v one back in the UK and buying a 120v version in Canada will likely leave you with money in your pocket...

Not sure if that's still an option?

Sadly, this is absolutely correct. Thanks to tax and importer margins, we pay a 50 / 60% surcharge through the limited retail options here in the UK. There is also little retail price competition, but options for selling / buying good condition used Mesa's makes some sense direct

Our best hope is to bypass UK retailers and buy direct from Europe in Euro as it falls against Sterling :mrgreen:

Back