TA15 no output

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterdavies

Reaction score
The speaker cable came out of the socket whilst I was playing my TA15. I switched it off, pushed the speaker jack back in and switched it on. Everything seemed fine... but no sound comes out of either channel. Anyone got any ideas what I could do to try and fix it? I've built amplifiers etc so am perfectly happy with pulling it apart, soldering and so on. Just want some advice as to what I might check first. Is there perhaps a fuze in line with the speaker output? I don't have a schematic. Any help would be appreciated.

Typically if the fuse blows on your Mesa it won't power on. Since the TA15 doesn't have an FX loop you can't test to see if the preamp or power amp sections are working independently.

I'd start by swapping each preamp tube one at a time with a tube known to be good.

If that doesn't work, try a different set of power tubes.

If that doesn't work, maybe crak it open and see if there's any broken connections on the output jack. Fingers crossed your output transformer didn't blow.

As an aside, it never hurts to contact Mesa customer support. I've always gotten good information from them, even if it was "send it back to us and we'll fix it", they can usually point you in the right direction.

peterdavies said:
The speaker cable came out of the socket whilst I was playing my TA15. I switched it off, pushed the speaker jack back in and switched it on. Everything seemed fine... but no sound comes out of either channel. Anyone got any ideas what I could do to try and fix it? I've built amplifiers etc so am perfectly happy with pulling it apart, soldering and so on. Just want some advice as to what I might check first. Is there perhaps a fuze in line with the speaker output? I don't have a schematic. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi peterdavies, are you experiencing the drop out on all wattage modes on both channels? The reason I ask is I have owned my TA15 for about 2 years now and I am having volume dropout only on the 25 Watt modes on both channels. I have swapped out preamp and power tubes one by one but that doesnt seem to be fixing the issue. The 5/15 watt modes work as advertised. Sorry if this doesnt help, just trying to crowdsource a potential fix, without kneeling to an amp tech.

Latest posts

Back