TA 15 mods?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purplestrat

Reaction score
Any one done any kind of mods on this amp? I'm thinking of trying to get some more gain out of channel 2. Looking at the schematic I found on this site (Thank You!) There are lot of place to add gain. Any tips? Also thinking if that goes well of adding a presence control.

I will bought this would be a good place to get some help with this. If not can anyone recommend a forum? I've been out of the game a long time!

I haven't seen any mods for the TA15. I have a TA15 because I use less gain than many here.

As a cheat I just put a Boss '65 Fender Deluxe Reverb inline, givers me reverb and some boost. I love this amp.

May I suggest the Wampler Tumnus pedal for a fantastic boost with this amp? While I love Tubescreamers and Blues Drivers but the Tumnus really pushes the right frequencies nicely across Clean, Top Boost and Tweed. It's okay with HI1, but dances with the Boogie voice on HI2 very sweetly.

I'd put money into pedals before modding amps....

While not really a mod, I've been running a Mullard ECC83s in V1 and then just a couple JJ long plates after that. For power tubes I found some RCA 8BQ5s and while the heater current is a bit lower they sound great! It's really smooth and sounds like it's a 100 watt amp trying to get out of there. :shock:

Latest posts

Back