Still love my Mark IV after 5 years of ownership

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melodyman

Reaction score
Longest time I've held on to an amp.

I have other amps as well but the Mark IV is the core piece that never changes.

I've had 2 and 3 channel Dual Recs, and would like to try a Roadster.

But I've been spoiled by the Uberschall since it is like a Rectifier on steroids. Having 4 channels would be nice to play around with though.

The Mark IV covers alot of ground, I love it.

And with the prices of today's high end boutiques, the Mark IV is actually a bang for the buck bargain! :)

Hey man, since you own the Mark IV for so long you must know a lot of stuff to. I have some questions and i would appreciate if you helped me alittle.
I have tho combo but i dont use the ev speaker in it, i drive it into a marshall 2x12 cabinet because the other speaker is open cabinet and i lose all the bass. I am thinking now of buying a new 4x12 cab for better live performance but i dont know what to get. Mesa is a obvious choice but very expensive some i was thinking something else. I dont also know what speaker should i look. Celestion vintage 30 or EV are some of my options. Iwould also to know how many 4x12 can mark IV handle and what is the connection in the back for two 4x12 and for one 2x12 and one 4x12.

What effects are you using? Iam using the Gmajor and it says in the manual the it can change up to 3 channels of the amp. Do you know if Mark has the appropriate receptions fot this kind of application.

Thanks for reading this !! :wink:

DIMOSSTATHOULIS said:
Hey man, since you own the Mark IV for so long you must know a lot of stuff to. I have some questions and i would appreciate if you helped me alittle.
I have tho combo but i dont use the ev speaker in it, i drive it into a marshall 2x12 cabinet because the other speaker is open cabinet and i lose all the bass. I am thinking now of buying a new 4x12 cab for better live performance but i dont know what to get. Mesa is a obvious choice but very expensive some i was thinking something else. I dont also know what speaker should i look. Celestion vintage 30 or EV are some of my options. Iwould also to know how many 4x12 can mark IV handle and what is the connection in the back for two 4x12 and for one 2x12 and one 4x12.

What effects are you using? Iam using the Gmajor and it says in the manual the it can change up to 3 channels of the amp. Do you know if Mark has the appropriate receptions fot this kind of application.

Thanks for reading this !! :wink:

I use a Roadking 4x12, Roadking 2x12, or Recto 2x12 and they all sound great with my Mark IV.

If you lived in the U.S. I would suggest getting a headshell and mounting your Mark IV chassis in it since you don't utilize the speaker in the combo enclosure. It might be more of a hassle to get a headshell where you are located, maybe you could find one used.

I don't have any experience with the 4x12's currently available in Europe but I'm sure any decently made cab would work well with it.

If you wanted to run 2 4x12 cab's with your Mark IV they would need to be 8 ohm cabs.

You would run each 8 ohm 4x12 into the 4 ohm jacks on the Mark IV.

DIMOSSTATHOULIS said:

:wink:

yes...you know the 6 input on the back on the right...you should be able to run them with your g major pedal..but you will need a jack to midi interface...CFX-4? i think...

I'm just curious: what is the suggested retail price for a MK IV in the US? Over here in Germany its about 4100 Bucks for the small combo - a replacement footswitch costs affordable $620 ($238 in the US).

I'll tell you what....

Send me $4000 and I will save you the $100 and ship it to your door. It will take as long as it takes me to get the amp and ship it to you. If I can find one to buy immediately you could have it very quickly. If I can't I will have to wait for Mesa to build it then send it to you (could be months).

Let me know as soon as possible. :wink:

Back