Stiletto safe retubing

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xnfx

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Since Mesa's have a fixed bias, what brand/model of power tubes can be used safely without needing an adjustable bias mod installed, and without doing any harm to the amp? I am asking mainly for the Stiletto amps.

Thanks!

You can pretty much use anything with those amplifiers except hotter tubes. Any of the the tubes from Mesa will work. If you want a set of SED EL34's, you can contact Mike @ KCANOSTubes ( www.kcanostubes.com ) and request some tubes that fall within Mesa's plate current draw range. Mike is great and burns his tubes in. His matching is very tight and I've been very satisfied with every purchase I've made from him.

If you want anything else, call Lord Valve @ 303-778-1156. He can hook you up with power tubes that fall within that same area as well. He also tests all the tubes he sells better than anyone else in the business...including Mesa. ;)

Dale

+1 on Lord Valve.

I'm in Denver so I stopped by at lunch to pick up some tubes. The guy is a true tube guru. He knows amps and tone as well as any. He actually BUILT Derek Truck's current stage amp.

Anyway, thought I'd give the man some props...he knows his stuff and seems to carry just about everything so he's not going to put you in something just because that's all he has in stock. BTW, he recommends Svetlana tubes for Boogies because they react the best to the fixed bias (I think that's what he said...).

Back