Speakers are a funny thing

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I just put my Celestion Gold in my LSS 1x12 combo.

It sounded like heaven in the LSC, but I just don't like it in the LSS.

Is it funny to like the stock speaker in the LSS? To me it just had more character.

I know you have only had your amp a couple of days, but you seem to move pretty fast! Have you done/plan to do the Reeder mod on your LSS??

I'm thinking of doing it myself, but will need to find someone competent to do it for me as I don't know one end of a soldering iron from the other (I guess you hold the cold end...) and it seems pretty popular so far. I guess you can never tell until you play one, but the descriptions tick all the right boxes...

The C-90 just seems to have a lot more spankiness to it.

I'm sort of bummed because the Gold sounded so much warmer than a C-90 in the LSC 1x12.

Now I have to find something to put the Gold in.

(I guess you hold the cold end...)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Most definitely the cold end. I grabbed the hot end once, made me cry like a little girl.

I was thinking of trying the Reeder Mod out tomorrow. I'm really pleased with this amp, but was curious about the Gold speaker. Now I know.

The only thing I could ask for is a little more sustain on the Drive channel with my Strat, but I just happen to have a Fulltone Fat Drive for that reason. :D

If I try it, I will let you know what I thought. Maybe I'll come up with the "Monsta Mod!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look forward to hearing what you think.

As far as the gain issue goes, I think the amp is spot on for crunchy mid gain sounds. But I reckon a quality basic tone from the amp and a killer pedal will deal with the high gain stuff...hey, that's what pedals are for...

Have you tried the Seymour Duncan Pickup Boost pedal? My Telecaster through that into ch1 gain at 3.00 sounds the Mutts nuts...

JOEY B. said:
Check out the EMG Afterburner. It can be used with passive pickups, and will boost the signal coming from the guitar.

What happened to the EVM-12L's that I sold you? :wink:

Yeah, whats the EV story?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, I know.

I sold the thiele cab because my kids were killing it. Hardwood cabs are beautiful, but not if you don't have a safe place for them.

The other one, my friend fell in love with and wouldn't take no for an answer.

:lol: Got anymore???

I'm always impressed retuning to the stock speakers after swapping them out for a while. I find myself remembering: "oh yeah, they know how to make it sound right in the first place." That being said, I'm dying to try out a gold. Hehe.

Back