Share your Lonestar Classic settings...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpage

Reaction score
Well, I haven't had the thing for long but I spent some time tweaking trying to find some sweet spots and this is what I came up with.

Tweed mode w/diode:

Ch1// g=2:15/t=12:40/m=9:15/b=11:45/p=2:00 50w
Ch2//g=3:00/t=2:00/m=11:00/b=8:40/p=12:00 100w
Drive engaged and at 1:15

I am aiming for a nice fat clean tone with a chimey high end and an OD tone in the vein of AC/DC meets EVH. I also found a decent higher gain tone by simply cranking the drive on the same setting up to 2:30-3:00 and maxing out the gain. But once you start to open this amp up, everything gets "bigger" it seems and that extra will just get in the way. I also use a screamer and find it complements this drive setting great.

My plans for this amp are to eventually get a set of el34s to put in when I want a change of pace. This capability is a big plus IMHO. I hate Recto beasts but I threw some el34s in one today and I swear it turned into another amp altogether. I'm hoping to find the same result with the Lonestar.

JPage-

We've built a series of database to help swap amp settings. This way others can search by the amp and type of sound they are seeking. There is a seperate input form for the Lone Star series.

Boogie Amp Settings

Ned

Did I do that wrong? I just saw two settings -- and weren't those in the owners manual?

And they aren't that impressive, either...

Maybe that site isn't getting any traffic?? Anyone else got any ideas?

I put those in there to test the input and output functions. Database hasn't been their to long, site is the sister site to this forum.

Go head and enter your settings - get the ball rolling.

Ned

Back