Settings for mark 1

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Musical123

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have any favorite settings for a mark 1 or Mark 1 reissue that they can send? I just picked up an SOB and am looking for some ideas to help me start tweaking it.

Thanks

I was told: Mark I input 1 with famous 7-7-2-7-2-7 setting (home).

That is volume 1=7; Volume 2=7; Treble=7; Middle=7; Master and Bass= 2; EQ off.

Regards
Daniel

igfraso said:
I was told: Mark I input 1 with famous 7-7-2-7-2-7 setting (home).

That is volume 1=7; Volume 2=7; Treble=7; Middle=7; Master and Bass= 2; EQ off.

Regards
Daniel

I've had mine since '78 and this is pretty close:

V1 = 8
V2 = 8
T = 7-8
m = 7
b = 2-3
m = 2
p = 3-4

kdove said:
I've had mine since '78 and this is pretty close:

V1 = 8
V2 = 8
T = 7-8
m = 7
b = 2-3
m = 2
p = 3-4

Did you have either of the Volume knobs pulled (gain boost or bright)? Just curious, as these are spot on with the settings that I used on my '78. :D

Never used the gain boost (too much bass) and never use the bright (it's pretty bright with the EVM).

For years with humbuckers I would drop the mids to 3 and roll back the tones ... but not so much now. When I got single coil guitars, I had to move the mids up to 7 but I've gotten to like them for HBs there too.

I don't like to fool with the amp while I'm playing.

The knob I change the most is the presence ... new strings = more toward 3 ... old strings = more toward 4.

kdove said:
The knob I change the most is the presence ... new strings = more toward 3 ... old strings = more toward 4.

Never thought about this. Great idea!! One more excuse to be lazy about changing strings!!! Thanks!! :D

By the way, if you are trying to copy Carlos Santana's sound... some people, very knowledgable, told me that Carlos Santana sets everything in 7 but I have never had the guts to try that at home. :lol:

He is/was usually using an open back 1x12 cab with an Altec 417 instead of an EVM 12L and he is rolling off his guitar tone pot. His graphic EQ is off (anyway, the EQ is not very sensitive).

So it seems he is using a little bit of less gain and the Presence control close to 0.
Regards

Back