Roadster and Xotic BB preamp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chomi63

Reaction score
Hi , I am planing to get myself pedal that will boost my Roadster. I heard some good things about this BB preamp and i wanna hear your opinion. I am thinking about Maxon OD808 and OCD also.

chomi63 said:
Hi , I am planing to get myself pedal that will boost my Roadster. I heard some good things about this BB preamp and i wanna hear your opinion. I am thinking about Maxon OD808 and OCD also.

The BB is a great OD if you're looking for something thats very transparent but can get you a nice kick. It has great tone shaping capabilities as well (as opposed to just a tone knob). BUT (and there always is a but) I find it works BETTER with channels 1 and 2. It gets a nice fat, bluesy sound out of channel 1 clean and nice lead tone out of channel 2 fat. But when you start getting into the more Recto territory I find it gets a little too woofy for my taste. For Channels 3 and 4 i use the Fulltone OCD as it seems to compliment those channels better. But these are just my preferences.

The Maxon OD808 is an incredible pedal as well... my advice would be to find all three (in one shop if you can) and test them against one another, find the one that gives you what you're looking for.

I use a Zen Drive and a Kelley Push, the Zen is a bit more silky and the Push brings out a nice warm mid. Like the last poster said about the BB is they sound great in channels 1 and 2 and they smooth out the lead tone in channel 4, but I don't care for them on too dirty of rhythm in channel 3.

Latest posts

Back