Regarding Serial Numbers!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biazzaz

Reaction score
Hello new to the forums. Been a Mesa owner since I think 2001 or so. For a long time I just set up a tone I liked and went with it, but recently the need for killer tone has taken ahold of me, which brought me to this web site. I have a Dual Rec half stack, and a custom color tan/coco F-30.

To get the Dual I had to call almost every store in the state that was a dealer to find the newest one. I wanted a 3 channel one, but they hadn't hit the streets so I kept calling till I found a dealer with one. Anyone know about what serial number the 3 channel duals began with? Mine is R-020023.

Just for fun the F-30 is serial number F30-02100. This one I bought second hand, but never really knew too much about its born on date etc. I might get rid of it though... kinda got the jonez for a RK series 2.
http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/biazzaz/

I was trying to use the search function for serial numbers and a few other things, but it kept telling me I needed 5 posts to do so? Anyway sorry in advance if this topic is asked to death. (would imagin it is)

Mike

I've never encountered the serial number marking the beginning of the 3ch DR. However, I'm very interested in knowing for research purposes so if anyone has it, post it up!

hey biazzaz, ok ill bite!!! i ran across some info on this a few weeks ago on this site. although there was no photographic proof, this joker claimed he had the 300th or so 3ch dual ever made and was trying to make a big deal out of it. he claimed the 3chs started at 16000. as you'll see i opened a massive can of worms by asking him a seemingly innocent question about the amp. he got very defensive - but was trying to sell something so it figures... if you need of a laugh or two check out this thread!!! http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=14081

i have seen a triple 2ch r-015182 on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Triple-Rectifier-2-Ch-w-FS-CLEAN_W0QQitemZ130196132707QQihZ003QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) that is possibly 2000 or 2001 as it also has the newer ot that were used on the 3chs. i know for fact that around r-0144xx were manafactured in jan 2000 as this is the serial of my 2ch triple... ;)

anyway, keep your eyes pealed on ebay as youll learn more about serial nos of rectos from there as they pop up...

Yeah. I actually posted in that thread too.

Just as a reference, mine is #231xx. It doesn't have the little lines above the output and solo that says "loop active" or whatever. So I figure it might be at least decently early in the 3 channels? Maybe not.

Just posting for the sake of information. :lol:

Thanks for all the help guys. It sounds like mine is one of the earliest runs at least thats kinda exciting. Not sure it matters or w/e (also not sure that it would be a super selling point). I really like mine for the most part it will dial in my tone everytime!

thanks
Mike

Back