Rectoverb combo or F series?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisRocksUSA

Reaction score
application is mainly for AT HOME play (house, not apt) but I need to be able to keep up with a drumset.

either one will be a temporary until I decide to shell out mad cheese for a roadster combo or something of that nature.

I used to own a dual recto head, LOVED the tone but would be **** near useless inside my house.

The idea is the best tone at lower volumes (not low necessarily but within reasonable limits.

edit - looking at dual calibers too.

is it possible to get that low end thump from the F series or the DC?

much appreciated

I'd say either one is going to need a Hot Plate to play at low volumes, and IMO the ROV is more flexible, having sat with one multiple times. In fact it's definitely in the running for me as my next amp.

The F50 sounds good, but isn't as versatile, IMO. The one I had was loud as f*$k too.

I would go Recto Baby! I like the F series, and own an F 30, but it is kind of limited to what it can do with the gain channel. F50, better, but still not quite as flexible as the Recto. Oh yeah, sounds great @ bed volumes as well (the Rectoverb). What was wrong with your old Dual? I use mine most of the time on 2 with In Ears and sounds pretty good.

fishyfishfish said:
I would go Recto Baby! I like the F series, and own an F 30, but it is kind of limited to what it can do with the gain channel. F50, better, but still not quite as flexible as the Recto. Oh yeah, sounds great @ bed volumes as well (the Rectoverb). What was wrong with your old Dual? I use mine most of the time on 2 with In Ears and sounds pretty good.

my dual was AWESOME, I sold it for tuition one semester LOL

I just graduated and am looking to replace it, but a 100w amp head is going to be overkill for my house.

Yeah, I kind of went overkill with mine as well, 100 watts and then we went to in ear monitors. Looks cool though. You could get an F series ad use a couple pedals for the dirt, and if thats not loud enough add a cab.

I'm looking at the dual caliber as well

sounds like a great little amp from what I can see. The dual calibers have more gain than the F series don't they?

how many speakers are you using? less speakers means less volume so if you get a 1x12 you might be able to use your head.

I should probably update the sig

the dual recto amp head is long gone (as are the guitars actually)

Whatever amp I decide to go with will be the 1st piece of my rig rebuild.

Latest posts

Back