rectifier Tube

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwinACStacks

Reaction score
Hi Guys. New owner of a Stiletto Ace combo. Easy Question. Will the Coke bottle shaped 5I4G physically fit in this Amp. Thanx ahead of time for any advice.
Keith

No, it will not. There is definitely no room in the combo for the coke bottle type. There is like 1/2" or less clearance for the 5U4GB, which is designed to be the same size as EL34 / 6L6 tubes.

stilettoace05.jpg

No, it will not. There is definitely no room in the combo for the coke bottle type. There is like 1/2" or less clearance for the 5U4GB, which is designed to be the same size as EL34 / 6L6 tubes.

stilettoace05.jpg
I see. One more question. Is it normal for these amps to hum while idling off standby? Thanx again for the info

That sounds like a 60Hz hum. So, Yes for that one. Unplug any instrument that's plugged in and turn down all of the knobs. Does it still hum (aside from fans, etc)? If so, that may be an issue.

That sounds like a 60Hz hum. So, Yes for that one. Unplug any instrument that's plugged in and turn down all of the knobs. Does it still hum (aside from fans, etc)? If so, that may be an issue.
I was just down in the basement listening. The hum is not much louder than the fan. Should I be worried? You can't hear it when playing even ultra clean (well as clean I assume as a mesa gets.) 😀

I don't think you need to worry. I'm assuming that none of the tubes are glowing a lot more than the others, right? I've got a Mark V:35 and I think the fan is loud until I strike a note, then I realize that there's no issues, I'm just dealing with a little beast!

Latest posts

Back