Rectifier preamp and FX/VOL switcher for MK IV - samples

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golden1984

Reaction score
I love my MKIV, but I always wanted to have more control over it without heavy and huge rack. I also wanted additional killer distortion channel. It took me 3 months to build it and set it right.

-I called it BOOGIE MAN

-I just built part of BOOGIE switching system. It allows me to use original FU-3 footswitch the way I want.

-I added there my own switching system to control FX,channels, volumes, etc...

-4 independant channels with Marshall echo+additional tempo tapper (visible on photo with footswitch) in loop. I can put there any pedal I want.

-Compressor and flanger in additional loop between guitar and amp.

-All FX supply from custom switcher, all FX are situated in switcher`s box, so I use 2x20 cm cables to connect it to amp`s loop - no tonal losses.

-Each FX box is supplied from several transformer - no hum.

-Loops can be assigned to any channel I want, including CH4 - additional preamp.

-Reverb can be assigned to any of MKIV`s channels.

YES, I CAN USE GRAPHIC EQ WITH RECTIFIER PREAMP :twisted:

-3 volume knobs:
yellow - normal volume
green - half (just less loud than yellow)
red - solo volume (I can attach echo or reverb only to work when I use SOLO mode)
when half and solo are on, normal (yellow) volume is used, but SOLO FX are on

-Additional Recto preamp as fourth channel. 3 tubes used.
Gain, bas, middle treble, volume, presence, scoop (mid somewhere about 750 hz), 2 gain boost levels.

-When MKIV is set to external switch, there is no feedback engaged, just like in RECTO`s PWR amp.

It works perfect, I have all of MKIV modes + RECTIFIER PREAMP + assignable reverb + assignable echo with tap mode in one footswitch + solo and half volume + compressor and chorus for cleans.

You can hear it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmdC1s48tDc&feature=youtu.be

Feel free to comment.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: BOOGIE MAN RULES!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Best regards!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtIWObG5fwn0_6oM44LnEgQ - little update

Back