rect-o-verb foot switch question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linuxpng

Reaction score
I have a rectoverb amp that did not come with a footswitch but the local dealer gave me a solo head switch that activates the lead channel/solo function but has no reverb button.

I wanted to get the proper switch so I ordered a series 2 switch from mesa. (only because I figured the amp was newer) When I got it, it wouldn't change from rythym to lead channels so I called mesa and they sent me a series 1 switch which I got today. This switch still will not change between rythym and lead channels.

Is there any way to tell what foot switch is right for my rectoverb? I don't see a series designation on it and the cable type is a DIN style connection.

Look on the front panel and notice the two parallel rows of knobs (treble, bass, mid etc..) if there are 7 knobs in each of the two rows then its a series 2, if there are 6 its a series 1.

Also the Series 2 has a bias switch on the back for el34/6L6

Just in case, stupidity happens everywhere, to everyone. Is the channel switch on the back set to channel 1 ?

chennie said:
Just in case, stupidity happens everywhere, to everyone. Is the channel switch on the back set to channel 1 ?

Good call, people seem to forget to do this (I know I did)

acor said:
Look on the front panel and notice the two parallel rows of knobs (treble, bass, mid etc..) if there are 7 knobs in each of the two rows then its a series 2, if there are 6 its a series 1.

Also the Series 2 has a bias switch on the back for el34/6L6

It has 7 knobs, so I guess that makes it series 2. The switch on the back is definitely on channel 1. The solo head switch I have works fine, and it makes sense the series 1 switch doesn't work. No clue why the series 2 one I had last week wouldn't change the channels. I'll have to give mesa a call back. Maybe the series 2 switch was bad?

Back