recommendations for an amp head ATA hard case manufacturer??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tremayne007

Reaction score
I am in need of a flight case for my Mark IV short head. The main two companies I have come across after a tiny bit of searching on the web are Angstrom and X case.

Anyone have recommendations for manufactures? I am leaning towards the style where the main part lifts off the amp so you can just set it on your cab and lift off (seems convenient), but the others (lid on top) have an extra compartment for storage (might be nice for extra tubes) which is also cool.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am going to be gigging out of town a bit this summer and I need to protect my baby...

i had both an angstrom, and an x case.
they were both awesome.
if i had to buy another, i'd go with xcase because its in the US, making it a tad cheaper.

just avoid the bargin case companies like island cases, nycase, pocket trunks, tuff box, etc.
they're ok if you're only doing local gigs, and you want something light weight.

but go with xcase or angstrom if you want something pro.

There's King Kong Kases in Ashland, VA. They make good stuff.

(Full disclosure: I used to work there. Twice.)

I received my case last week. Went with Rock Hard cases in Albany, Oregon. Excellent build quality, customer service, etc...

Mark the owner was super easy to work with. Said he would have it in my hands by a certain day, and it arrived the day promised.

The prices compared well with the some of the lesser quality (partial rivets and less of them from what I can tell) Angstom/X cases on Ebay.

I payed $300 including shipping for a live in case for my mark IV head. That's with locking latches, full rivets for everything, in purple.

Fits snug as a glove.

Prepare for it to take 2 weeks or so, as they build everything custom to order.

I definitely recommend them. They can make a case for just about anything (just check their website out).

http://www.rockhardcases.com/

Xcase has an EBay store. Be careful! The cheap cases you sometimes see on EBay are just that. Cheap. When they say foam lined, they mean a piece of foam is included. Don't even try to ask them what size the foam is. Xcase on the other hand appears to make good quality cases. They are located in Olive, Miss.

Latest posts

Back