Recall the 2:90's Mesa!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henz

Staff member
Reaction score
Browsing old threads on many issues w/ the 2:90. That pop and thump cannot be fixed switching between Half Drive. And the other voices as well. Not to mention the issue with the melting plastic clip from PT. It is currently Sept. 2nd, 2022. I just finished talking with tech at Mesa. Said this regarding popping.. "it cannot be fixed cause it changes voltages in driver tube. Sorry. " So, let me get this clear. Mesa markets a piece of gear knowing that it has issues. That is WRONG!! They butter up the user manual saying how great half drive is but fail to mention that popping.. If it was made public knowledge about that popping , I'm sure that it would have affected sales of it. I have been struggling with that noise for a very long time. THEY ALL NEED TO BE RECALLED!!!.

Since when are you switching that mid song. You’re either leaving it in half drive all the time or full all the time. If modern and deep don’t pop then you’re good to go. The Mk V pops if you go from either 45 or 90 to the 10 watt setting due to the extreme change in circuit flow and voltages going to one power tube. But it’s not a switch you would really do on the fly in a song. Between 45 and 90 is smooth and noise free and you can use those on the fly if you want to bring the tube rec in and out across channels. Could be just time to try another power amp. My 50/50 doesn’t pop if you go from full to 15W.

Latest posts

Back