Re-amping would this work?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punkrocker

Reaction score
Hey so I was wondering if something like this would work for reamping. This would save me having to buy a di box. So I'm think of putting my guitar through my presonus firepod interface which has a instrument-in section. On the back it has line outputs. If I plugged the guitar into input 1 and outputed input 1 from line output 1 to my amp and then mic'ed the amp and feed the mic into the firepod would this be a good idea. My goal is to record a mic'd and di'd track so I can change tone later if I need to. The line output is trs balanced. Also I have a preamp output section that I could feed to the head should I use this instead? If this would not give good results what are some not to expensive good di boxes. If it matters, 2ch dr. Thanks!

Re-amping is to play prerecorded tracks through amps and pedals to creative new tones and textures while fiddling with your settings. Of course you need to record your output again which you can most certainly do with your Firepod but just looping your guitar through it nets nothing really except some signal loss. Your question sounds as though you want to do this on the fly by using existing equipment. Decent question but not gonna happen.

1. Record clean tracks.
2. Run them back into your amp with a proper DI
3. Re-record your amps mic'd output.

Simple as that.

I think your Firepod's outputs are low-impedance line-levels right? I wouldn't run those into an amplifier input that expects a high-impedance, low signal level.. you'll get garbage & could smoke something.

I have a Radial Engineering ProD2 & it functions as a reamper if run in reverse by matching impedances properly. They also have a ProDI with a single channel but I'd recommend a dedicated reamping box like their ProRMP box. If you want versatility, consider the aforementioned ProDI; you'll have a nice DI & a reamper when you flip it around! With their new JDX Reactor, you can even forego using a mic!

http://www.radialeng.com/re-products.htm

so if I get the prodi box then I could plug my guitar into that then run a cable the amp out of the do and another cable out of the do into my mixer for a direct recording and then if I decide i don't like my tone later I can reverse it and use as a reamper right? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back