Rack Amp Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peders

Reaction score
I am considering buying a mesa bogie mark 1 reissue rack amp, and I have never owned a rack. I have two questions.

1. Is there any difference between a rack amp and a regular mark 1 amp (i.e. sound/power).
2. Is it difficult to convert a rack amp to a regular stand alone amp?
3. To musicians normally use rack amps in a live setting? (this is what I would be buying it for).

Thanks for your help.

John

1. Not really other than what it is cased in.

2. It takes about 10 minutes with basic handtools. It is pretty easy it just takes a few minutes.

3. It just depends on your preference really...

Some like them in the rack to simplify rack wiring. Others like the look of it in the rack or as a stand alone head. In a rack is convenient if you have a ton of rack effects. A stand alone head is a simpler setup by iteself. With the covers on the rack it helps keep the amp and cabinet from getting as beat up. If you are looking to use only a rackmount and a minimal 4 space rack to house it I would just assume keep it in the head cabinet because it looks cooler.

If you use a 6U rack case, you can add an FX processor and a wireless unit...I have a rackmount DR with Sennheiser FreePort and I am now searching for some processor or stompbox (for delay only).

Where could I find an amp cab for the mark 1 reissue? Is this something I could buy from mesa boggie? I have stomp boxes, so it will just be the amp for me (for now anyway).

Thanks,

John

Latest posts

Back