Proud new LSS owner

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mommysboy

Reaction score
I got my new black LSS today!!! It's a beautiful looking and sounding amp. I'm loving it so far.

Thanks for the help this morning thinking through my options. I'm going to go figure out how to tweak it now.

I don't think I can be happier than I am right now.

Congratulations! It's a wonderful amp and the longer you have it the more you should appreciate it. Plan on putting in a lot of hours tweaking it, especially channel 2. There are a lot of great sounds in that amp. I run mine with the speaker plugged into the 35 watt setting and use moderate settings as suggested by the manual.

Be sure to keep a set of fuses and a spare rectifier tube with you as that tube has been somewhat troublesome. If the tube goes and you have spare fuses you can still play on the 30 watt setting.

These are great little amps. I've started playing my guitar early in the morning now instead of surfing the net.

The rectifier was out in mine and it still worked in the 30 watt setting. I don't think it will take the fuse out everytime, but it is really good advice.

I used a JAN Phillips NOS 5Y3 in mine. We'll see how long it lasts.

dougn said:
Be sure to keep a set of fuses and a spare rectifier tube with you as that tube has been somewhat troublesome. If the tube goes and you have spare fuses you can still play on the 30 watt setting.

Thanks! Can you tell me where I can find the rectifier tube and fuses? I can't seem to find them on the mesa site.

I called Mesa to buy four EL-84's to have as spares. I mentioned the rectifier tube and they sent me one and some fuses free of charge.

To stay under warranty you need to get a Mesa rectifier tube and you can get them from Mesa direct or an authorized dealer. The fuses can be purchased at Radio Shack or any retailer that stocks the same fuse. Monsta-Tone is right in that if the rectifier tube goes it doesn't necessarily take out the fuse. It's just good practice to keep spares of the fuses and tubes handy.

mommysboy said:
I got my new black LSS today!!! It's a beautiful looking and sounding amp. I'm loving it so far.

They need a "thumbs up" emoticon here!

Those are great sounding amps! You should be enjoying yours for many years to come.

mommysboy said:

Thanks for the help this morning thinking through my options. I'm going to go figure out how to tweak it now.

I don't think I can be happier than I am right now.
That LSS will sure bring sunshine to your rainy Seatle. Heed the advise on the rect tube. Almost everyone here has it goes out once. Also check both speaker outputs, you might like one over the other.

Congrats man! I picked one up about a month ago, and I'm still loving it! Soooo many good sounds I tried it with a Sparkle Drive, and it sounds amazing!!

Back