Prodigal Son Returns (to Boogie)!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuanK

Reaction score
Hi folks, thanks for having me!
I'm a long time Boogie user, but for the past 10 years or so have employed an Alessandro Rottweiler for my Wedding/Private gig work. Anyway, while perusing the local Guitar Center used inventory online something piqued my interest. It was listed as a blue re-tolexed IIB combo for $499 so I had to check it out, and needless to say I bought it! It actually appears to be a IIA (1979 date, S/N 3354) 100/60, no rev or EQ, and the tolex and most of the hardware (handle, screws, feet, etc.) are brand new, as well as the tubes(?) The color is that Lonestar blue with a wheat grill, professionally done. Speaker was the big EV-12L, black with fins, I assume not OEM.
I can't carry a 65lb. amp around anymore so I put an Eminence Lil' Texas I had in, which dropped it to 45lb., and it sounded very nice on the gig last night. I'm mainly looking for big cleans and of course it delivered in spades, and my Jetter Gold Standard OD mated perfectly.
So I'm back in the fold! Please excuse any terminology gaffes; I've been off the Mesa for a while now!

Welome back.

Everyone seems to think of Mesa as a high gain amp company, many seem to forget that the early Marks had outstanding (and fat) cleans.

That's so true. Because I've been a private/casual gig player for so long, the vast majority of my playing has been clean rhythm, jazz cocktail sets, etc. Never needed high gain, and a Tube Screamer or some variation usually sufficed. When I was younger I always had a Twin, and the Boogie was the natural progression of that sound in a compact package for me.

Plus I now can take my old Eclipse Spypder convertable to gigs: my gear fits in the trunk!

Back