problems with my new mark iv

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onetonepony

Reaction score
looking for tech advice
bought a used mark 4 early this month. had what sounded like tube problems according to what i read on this board, but just replaced all the tubes with a set from dougs tubes, and the amp blew the fuse in the first 30 seconds.
it seems to operate in tweed mode, so i assumed it was one of the two center power tubes, but i guess not.
i live in berkeley california, i guess its close to the mesa factory, is it best to take the amp to them, or find a local tech. i am new to the area so dont know who is good or bad.
any thoughts would be great.

Tweed power doesn't have anything to do with the tubes you're using.

I would just take it to Mesa, you need to talk to somebody who knows what they're doing.

yeah......... its about an hour away from me. curious to know what the typical turnaround is though. hate the idea of leaving it someplace for a couple of weeks. so far ive had the thing for about three weeks and have yet to enjoy playing it without having a problem. so im a bit anxious to have it working. that said, it would be nice to have them give it a good going thru, being that its ten or so years old.

phyrexia said:
Tweed power doesn't have anything to do with the tubes you're using.

+1

And with new tubes, even with Doug's, this indicates a different problem...?

onetonepony said:
... leaving it someplace for a couple of weeks. ... its ten or so years old.

Don't expect a quick turn-around, as boogie is always busy. Boogieing, I guess ... haha!!!

I would take it to a local trusted tech and have the caps checked. That will save you time and money if it happens to be the caps.

Latest posts

Back