Other options besdies FU-3 footswitch for Mark IV?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PigWings

Reaction score
Well I no longer have my Mark IV footswitch and I don't want to spend over $200 for a new one. MIDI seems to be just as expensive.

I'm looking for a cheap alterernative. I could just buy a single footswitch and plug the 1/4" into the back without MIDI, right? However there doesn't seem to be a LEAD EQ option like the FU-3 footswitch has.

I prefer the EQ off for clean and on for lead... Does anyone besides Mesa make a footswitch that can replace the FU-3?

If you are willing to make some compromises a simple and cheap means of switching is possible using the 1/4" jacks. If you want to switch between rhy1 and lead+eq ONLY this can be done with a single switch. With an additional two switches you can switch the fx and class-a/simul. Trying to include rhy2 and lead without the eq into the mix does complicate matters. Including LEDs on the switches adds more complexity. It really depends on what you are willing to settle for.

There is one inexpensive way to go Midi, although the product is long out of production. Start searching the web and craigslist for a old Rockman Midi Octopus. You can use it to control all the functions. I used to have one years ago and wish I had held on to it. You will also need a basic Midi pedal to control it. You can probably find all of that for under $200. As a bonus you can also control your effects with that setup.

Ahh, the old standby Midi Octopus. I think I bought 7 of those over the years. You can usually find one on eBay between $125 and $175. Great units that still are used today. They don't have phantom power though. To do the same switching with phantom power, you can go with a Amp Gizmo and a Mastermind foot controller, both from RJM Music. I've recently gone this way and it is very easy to set up. A new amp gizmo is $300 (or mini amp gizmo for $200) and the foot controller is $300 as well. Still kind of pricy for what you are trying to do, but the most inexepnsive way to do it. RJM also makes custom cables so you don't have to run 6 cables from the Mark IV. The one cable goes from the amp gizmo to the Mark IV foot controller jack and that's it.... you now have midi and channel switching for the amp.

Latest posts

Back