On/Standby Switch: Changes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Symmetry2170

Reaction score
Why did mesa turn this into one switch? I've been curious about this for a while now. Personally, it looks odd and puts me off a little bit, especially having just ordered my Roadster. I'm so used to having two switches, it's a new world to me. What are your guys' thoughts on this?

also, when you switch FROM standby TO on, does it cut out the tube power do anything along those lines?

The standby switch has not changed from its original purpose. The Bold/Spongy switch is a 3 position switch with the middle position being a power "off" condition. Bold will apply 117 volts or Spongy will apply around 100 volts to the power supply section of your amp. The true DC high voltage is applied to the tubes when the standby switch is flipped on. 8) Look at this thread and maybe you will understand why I will not advocate passing through the "off" position without putting the amp in standby. Just my opinion though.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=23569

Latest posts

Back