Old Boogie Identification Help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gundog

Reaction score
Bought my Boogie head used about 25/30 yrs ago and I'm not sure what model it is. Tolex covered/tweed faced/black panel head approx. 18 1/2"x8x10. B&W Boogie Nameplate; Front panel has 2 inputs, v1 w/pull gain boost, v2 w/pull bright, master vol. t, b, mid, EQ and s/b & power switches. Rear of chassis-AC outlet, fuse, ground switch, line in/out, presence knob, 3 speaker outputs, EQ on off switch. All old embossed labels including Ser. #A425?? Tubes 2 6lcGC's , 3 12 ax7's Bringing the amp (and myself) out of 10 year retirement and need to give it a tune up with new tubes, etc. Would like to confirm the model so I can get the right tubes for the amp etc. Any help appreciated.

I agree, it sounds like a mk I, but I'd be more concerned about getting the filter capacitors replaced before changeing tubes, the tubes may still be just fine, but it wouldn't hurt to change them.

Thanks for the link. Appears that I have a pretty old 60 watt Mark I head. I had used it regularly for a number of years but it started to loose its tone and then a few crackles and it died. I retired from gigging shortly after and the amp has been sitting unused for a long time. I know it probably needs a good going over but thought the 1st thing I could do would be to replace the tubes. I live just south of Boston, any recommendations on a good Boogie tech in the Boston area?

Latest posts

Back