Non Pre500 Blackface's... What are these worth

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moriyuki

Reaction score
I have a chance to grab Blackface #602. Perfect Condition, very shiney and pollished, much like the UK one listed here a few weeks ago

What do you guys think about this amp. its not a pre 500, but for 1500 is it worth it

Any input appreciated
Thanks

I say that price is OK, do you already own one? Post-500's are fantastic amps, just slightly different that the early ones. No biggie. That great Recto sound is still there.. I would not let a serial number influence a buying decision unless you are looking at it from a collectable factor. I'm sure it sounds superb, like most DR's. I'd say it's worth about $1,100-$1,600 depending on the condition. Let's see a pic!

11.jpg
12.jpg

Not bad Condition. I wonder how similar it sounds to a pre 500. its only 602

I'm guessing the only difference is its Transformer and its likely revision D.

$1500 for missing a rectifier tube and mismatched output tubes? Yikes. It doesn't look like he took care of the thing. If I bought this it would be gone over with a fine tooth comb.

Greg

I saw that one too but he is only asking $1100 if you actually read his listing. I was going to call him to ask the S/N. Thanks for the info guys.

I'm sorry, typo. typed 1500. Mixed it up with another amp I was looking at

The Transformer looks rusty. But I'm guessing its not bad for the price.

Go for it, just plan on spending a few bucks to get it in playing shape, should be worth it..?

Yea, I bought this from him yesterday. Fortunately I life 30 mies from Mesa Boogie Hollywood.

I think I will put some TungSol 12ax7's and KT77s in this one

Around 2000 were made starting at model 143, according to the seller of that recent UK blackface on this forum.

I think that UK seller was telling stories because I saw #94 that was a chrome chassis Black face model for sale on ebay...you know, the broke one that went for $2,550...

Yeah and if he got paid that much someone is a real sucker. But next time they have a 20 cent listing day R0005 is going on ebay with a starting price of $2000, I love it, but for $2000 hell it is sellible.

Johnson said:
I think that UK seller was telling stories because I saw #94 that was a chrome chassis Black face model for sale on ebay...you know, the broke one that went for $2,550...

siggy14 said:
Yeah and if he got paid that much someone is a real sucker. But next time they have a 20 cent listing day R0005 is going on ebay with a starting price of $2000, I love it, but for $2000 hell it is sellible.

That's what I said about mine. For $2000+, come and get it!

hell i would pay $2000 for #5 THATS crazy collectible. maybe even the first released to the street

Latest posts

Back