No sound after switching channels

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metricman60

Reaction score
I was in the middle of a gig tonight and when switching from channel 2 to channel 3 for a solo the amp all of a sudden had no sound. Switching back and forth to any channel and no sound. I removed the loop and footswitch cables from the back of the amp and still no sound. All lights were on - with the exception of the standby LED. Eventually the amp came back with sound but the led for the standby switch does not light up anymore. Seems that something happened when switching channels causing the amp to temporarily go withtout sound and it did something to the standby LED. The standby switch works. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated...thank you...Mike.

Huh, that's really odd. Intermittent problems are the worst. Besides the LED. Does the foot-switch work now (led's included), and when you disconnect it by the amp, are you able to switch it manually? And how long have you had it, without problems?

Hi there. First of all I was wrong about the standby LED. There is no such thing. The LED I was referring to is actually the mute LED which has no bearing on the standby switch. I've had the amp for about 6 years. I've never had any problems with it at all. It hasn't been gigged that awfully much though. But I have used it at band practice quite a bit with no problems whatsoever. So I'm not sure exactly what happened. I said it back up today and played through it for about 20 minutes. Switching between channel 2 and channel 3 off and on quite a bit. No problems. And you're right. Yeah, something flooky like this can make you pull your hair out. I'm just going to go with it for now and hope that nothing happens at the next gig and I'll have it back up sitting right behind it just in case.

Hi there. First of all I was wrong about the standby LED. There is no such thing. The LED I was referring to is actually the mute LED which has no bearing on the standby switch. I've had the amp for about 6 years. I've never had any problems with it at all. It hasn't been gigged that awfully much though. But I have used it at band practice quite a bit with no problems whatsoever. So I'm not sure exactly what happened. I said it back up today and played through it for about 20 minutes. Switching between channel 2 and channel 3 off and on quite a bit. No problems. And you're right. Yeah, something flooky like this can make you pull your hair out. I'm just going to go with it for now and hope that nothing happens at the next gig and I'll have it back up sitting right behind it just in case.
Just speculation but there are a million relays in there, you could have a sticky one. Good luck Brother!

Nice argument for using a hand wired amp instead of complicated PC board. ;)
Yep, I gigged with a IV rack mount for 20 years, about 100 shows a year for close to 20 years, no problem, and the amp was abused. Quit gigging, sold it, few years later, bought the 25, no problem.... Started gigging again, sold that, bought the V, treated it like a baby. Next day after a gig, no sound except this terrible noise. Took it to this ******* that Mesa referred me to, drove a few hours, (I live in Ohio), told me a week, 90 days later picked it up cause he did nothing, ended up shipping it to Mesa. Few relays, bill was 130.00 not bad, but shipping was 90 each was. Works fine. But I never tried the 10 watt mode in 8 years I had it. Tried it a few mos ago, no sound on any channel. I only use the 90w, so I really don't care about that, still pisses me off. I have no idea if it ever worked, but if it didn't why didn't they catch that.

Back