New to rack setup.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mka59

Reaction score
Greetings To All,

Really didn't have much luck in the "search" finding what I needed to know. Seeing several member's here advice on where to run a rackmount tuner, out of the loop chain leaves me a little pondered to the sequence.

All my simple rack consist of is a of course a Furman conditioner, Senneheiser Freeport wireless guitar system, and the TC M 300 processor. (Korg DTR-2000 is the tuner not hooked up yet)

Right now I am running my wireless through the front end input of the amp and my processor in the loop.

Where, and how do I connect the tuner? Is there a way to run the tuner in the front, and connect the wireless to it. I want to follow the advice of those here and not run it in the loop.

I am sorry if this dead horse has been drudged up again. Thanks in advance, Mike

Hey, there's no foul in asking a good question. 8)

Since it sounds like you don't run a pedal board, and are wireless, you only have 3 options: split your signal at the wireless receiver, use a tuner output from the amp (if you have one), or use an output from the M300. If your amp has a tuner out (like the Mark V) then you're golden...use that. Otherwise, some wireless receivers have an auxiliary port for just such a use. Last, but not least, you can use either an unused stereo port or a dry out from your effects. The M300 doesn't have a dry out, but it can be setup for mono input with dual output. Check it out and see what works for you.

Kdorsey thanks. Yes no pedal board. Just the Mesa footswitch.

I have to break this down or "dummy down" for me to understand.

The "tuner out" on the amp is out. Older DR.

Split the signal at the wireless? Would that be done with a cable configured with one 1/4 jack on one end and 2 on the other? God, I hope I am not embarassing myself.

On the rear of my processor i am in the input left and the output left I am assuming mono. There is a right input and output. Could those be used to plug into the input/output on the tuner? Would this be considered in the signal chain?

Sorry for the lack of knowledge with this. Thanks again. Mike

mka59 said:
Kdorsey thanks. Yes no pedal board. Just the Mesa footswitch.

I have to break this down or "dummy down" for me to understand.

The "tuner out" on the amp is out. Older DR.

Split the signal at the wireless? Would that be done with a cable configured with one 1/4 jack on one end and 2 on the other? God, I hope I am not embarassing myself.

On the rear of my processor i am in the input left and the output left I am assuming mono. There is a right input and output. Could those be used to plug into the input/output on the tuner? Would this be considered in the signal chain?

Sorry for the lack of knowledge with this. Thanks again. Mike

I might add there is and audio output on the wireless that takes a xlr-3m socket. It is a balanced output. My amp is plugged into the 1/4 output that is unbalanced on the wireless.

I know people say to keep the tuner out of the chain, but throw it in the signal path and see if you even notice any signal degradation. This way you can still silent tune, which is huge for playing out gigs. I believe the DTR-2000 has a buffer built in it anyways, so you should save yourself all this trouble and just throw it in the chain. You'll hate not being able to silent tune.

tedsticle said:
I know people say to keep the tuner out of the chain, but throw it in the signal path and see if you even notice any signal degradation. This way you can still silent tune, which is huge for playing out gigs. I believe the DTR-2000 has a buffer built in it anyways, so you should save yourself all this trouble and just throw it in the chain. You'll hate not being able to silent tune.

Thanks Tedsticle for the offered up advice. I will give it try. MIke

Great advice Tedsticle. Plug into the FX loop and played with not tone changes, hiss, sound quality loss or coloration at all. To make sure had a couple friends listen with it in and outside or (off). Nothing noticeable to them. Then it was show off and jam time. Just need a pedal to mute in silence now. Mike

Your DTR-2000 has a mute button so that you can silent tune....if that's what you're referring to.

I run my tuner in the signal path without issue...and it features a muting function that is very handy. If you're close to the rack, just push your mute button. If not, with your gear limitations, you do have a low impedance out from your wireless unit. What I don't know is whether or not it is designed to be used at the same time as the high impedance out. There's a gain pot that might help make necessary adjustments, but you need to experiment. A simple XLR-to-1/4" cable will do the trick (use it to go to the tuner), or an impedance transformer with an XLR cable. Make sense?

Sorry for the delay in response.

There is a button on the unit for mute, but also a mute jack on the rear for a latch type footswitch.

kdorsey said:
I run my tuner in the signal path without issue...and it features a muting function that is very handy. If you're close to the rack, just push your mute button. If not, with your gear limitations, you do have a low impedance out from your wireless unit. What I don't know is whether or not it is designed to be used at the same time as the high impedance out. There's a gain pot that might help make necessary adjustments, but you need to experiment. A simple XLR-to-1/4" cable will do the trick (use it to go to the tuner), or an impedance transformer with an XLR cable. Make sense?

Sorry for the delay in response.

Makes perfect sense. That was going to be my first choice, just didn't have that cable config. I'm still going to give it a try and see. This I believe is what kdorsey was explaining in an earlier post to try out.

Mike

Latest posts

Back