New to Mesa Boogies.....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lennon08

Reaction score
So I bought my first Mesa Boogie (F-50 head) yesterday. All I can say is WOW! I may sell my Marshall and just get a Mesa cabinet.

They are really 2 different beasts, just curious to see what others would do?

lennon08 said:
So I bought my first Mesa Boogie (F-50 head) yesterday. All I can say is WOW! I may sell my Marshall and just get a Mesa cabinet.

They are really 2 different beasts, just curious to see what others would do?

Do you mean you have a Marshall cab or head?If it's another head it would depend on which Marshall head it was.I've owned a JCM800 and TSL100 head and thought they were tits.

hi lennon, welcome to the board! Well, it depends on your tastes... what marshall do you have? Since you said they're two different beasts I would keep both for versatility (assuming you like your marshall and don't need money :wink: )

Yeah, seriously. Which Marshall do you have? I haven't been happy with any Marshall I've played that has more than 6 knobs on the front. They just haven't been able to get a decent channel-switching amp together, they sound like absolute crap compared to their basic plexi or other no-frills, single-channel heads (which are generally sublime).

But if you like them both, keep them both. :)

I have a JCM 2000 TSL602 with a matching cab. I really like it with the cab. If it was just the combo I would have to pass or at least change out the speakers.

I don't need the money so it may be worth it to keep. I will be keeping my eyes open for a Mesa 2x12 cab though!

Latest posts

Back