New Roadster with rack - PICS!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

portcityamps

Reaction score
Well it is almost done. So I thought I would post pics. The gear rundown is:

Amps:

Mesa Roadster with 2x12 Wave cabinet with Celestion G12-T100's
Port City Dual Fifty with 2x12 Wave OS with G12-65's

In the rack:

Korg DTR-1000
Furman PL-8
Lexicon MPX-1
Ebtech Isolation Unit (Installed after photo was taken.)
TC Electronics G Major
RJM RG-16

Pedal Drawer:

Xotic AC
TS-808
Fulltone OCD V2
Xotic BB
Dunlop Hendrix Fuzzface

I wired the rack with Mogami 24/25 cable. All the instrument cable is Lava. All speaker cable is Kemper. I am still working on my pedalboard. I am very happy with my new setup and thought I would share.

635431067-100_0257.jpg

361856101-100_0204.jpg

805893810-100_0206.jpg

17402746-100_0203.jpg

109329327-100_0201.jpg

17402746-100_0203.jpg

portcityamps said:
Well it is almost done. So I thought I would post pics. The gear rundown is:

Amps:

Mesa Roadster with 2x12 Wave cabinet with Celestion G12-T100's
Port City Dual Fifty with 2x12 Wave OS with G12-65's

In the rack:

Korg DTR-1000
Furman PL-8
Lexicon MPX-1
Ebtech Isolation Unit (Installed after photo was taken.)
TC Electronics G Major
RJM RG-16

Pedal Drawer:

Xotic AC
TS-808
Fulltone OCD V2
Xotic BB
Dunlop Hendrix Fuzzface

I wired the rack with Mogami 24/25 cable. All the instrument cable is Lava. All speaker cable is Kemper. I am still working on my pedalboard. I am very happy with my new setup and thought I would share.

ok thats just not fair..... not 1 but TWO PCWs? :shock:

i'm so jealous of your cabs and that nice rg-16 (waiting for my tax return so i can get one)..... you did an awesome wiring job, nice and clean....BTW how do you like the rg-16? i had the amp gizmo and sold it to fund the rg-16 (but ended up using the money for somehting else)..... also how do you like the roadster with the PCW cabs? BTW i now hate you :evil: (out of jealousy)

Very impressive gear man !... this is my first post here and yours caught my attention since I just bought a new Roadster head and 4x12 cab. I am from Mexico and have a Journey tribute band (yes, I´m old haha) and play in cover bands. I am very happy with my new amp, almost perfect... only problem is it makes some noise when changing channels... other than that I have to say this is the best amp in the world !

Cheers from MEXICO

adolfo said:
Very impressive gear man !... this is my first post here and yours caught my attention since I just bought a new Roadster head and 4x12 cab. I am from Mexico and have a Journey tribute band (yes, I´m old haha) and play in cover bands. I am very happy with my new amp, almost perfect... only problem is it makes some noise when changing channels... other than that I have to say this is the best amp in the world !

Cheers from MEXICO

if its a pop remember when your powering up the amp in standby make sure you cycles through the channels a few times and then come out of standby in channel 3.... that should remedy it... yes you have to do it eveytime but hey it gives you something to do while the amp warms up 8)

Sweet set up man, very clean looking. Where's the clips at? :lol:

adolfo said:
Thank You jdurso! I will give it a try!

no problem..... your not the only one with the problem.... on many many of mesa's newer models including the 3 channel DR/TR, Roadk King, Roadster to name a few, the way they designed the switching causes statis to build in the relays and by cycling through before yout ake the amp off stand by releases the static and from there on out you should be in the clear... is the amp new?

what do you like best with the roadster

the tubescreamer or the bb preamp?

Hey PC - what brand is the 2U rack drawer? I've got a few goodies that have velcro'd into the back of my case, and would love to be able to access them from the front!

what is it that makes the RG-16 so great? (I'm REALLY rack illiterate and have no idea what anything on there does besides the Furman and the shelf for the pedals hahah

EMGguitarist said:
what is it that makes the RG-16 so great? (I'm REALLY rack illiterate and have no idea what anything on there does besides the Furman and the shelf for the pedals hahah

ok.... functionally, it makes your rig work like most modelling amps.... it allows you to setup patches more or less.... the rg-16 has 8 loops for pedals and 8 switches for switching channels on your amp as well as functions like solo, reverb, fx loop..... the switches either use the switching jacks on the back of your amp OR they sell cables specially made for certain amps..... also you can pull pedals in and out of the signal without tone being sucked and it can control midi devices... so in a nut shell you can hook up your OD pedal into the buffered loop and have a couple of pedals in loops to use with the fx loop of your amp and you hook up the special cable to your amp.... this would allow you to create patches like a modelling amp... on click on a midi board and you go from clean channel with solo, reverb, and the fx loop engaged on the amp with just a chorus pedal int he loop to a high gain channel with just an eq on in the loop.... no more pedal dances or dozens of pedals in front of you.... basically throw everything in a rack and just have a midi pedal and maybe a wah infront of your setup.... check out the manual on the rjm site (www.rjmmusic.com).... the manual has some visuals of the setups you can achieve

Very nice rig. Man, I need to get me one of those. :)

EMGguitarist said:

On the RJ-16 page there are videos Dave Weiner explaining what it is and what it does. He even goes through a few different setups. Very helpful.

MetalMatt said:
Very nice rig. Man, I need to get me one of those. :)

EMGguitarist said:

On the RJ-16 page there are videos Dave Weiner explaining what it is and what it does. He even goes through a few different setups. Very helpful.

super helpful.... also i found this to be a killer review... it explains all more or less why its such a great unit

Until recently, I thought I had my mind made up: I had decided to get a Ground Control Pro and a GCX Audio Switcher (both made by Voodoo Lab). Then someone suggested the RG-16. I checked 'em out and now I'm convinced that it's a much better unit (8 audio loops and 8 switchers) than the GCX. I'm also seriously considering the Axess Electronics FX1 instead of the GCP.
Funny how your decisions can change because of one suggestion. (Thanks to all who've mentioned the RG-16!)
David

what kind of cables did you use. they all look to fit so well. Specially the 1-2 inch ones going in your looper from the outs to ins.

dct said:
Until recently, I thought I had my mind made up: I had decided to get a Ground Control Pro and a GCX Audio Switcher (both made by Voodoo Lab). Then someone suggested the RG-16. I checked 'em out and now I'm convinced that it's a much better unit (8 audio loops and 8 switchers) than the GCX. I'm also seriously considering the Axess Electronics FX1 instead of the GCP.
Funny how your decisions can change because of one suggestion. (Thanks to all who've mentioned the RG-16!)
David

no problem... ive been a huge fan of rjm for about a year now.... i had the amp gizmo and now i'm moving up to the rg16 so i can include pedals

That is awesome.

I just got the 16 too, but I cant get the thing to work with my Roadster. My midi board switches the 16 and everything on that end seems to be in perfect working order. But it just wont change channel on the Roadster... I have tried the procedure with the cable (turning power off, holding down 4, etc) but nothing seems to be happening...

Is there anyone that could shed some light on this problem?

Latest posts

Back