New Mark IV to be Ordered on Monday

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHYX

Reaction score
I'm going with a New Mark IV 1x12 wide body combo. I've been trying to find one on Ebay but it"s to hard to find one that might be good. I'm going to get one with an custom fit. I'm not sure on the wood finish. You can get the Imbuya, African Ribbon Mahogany or the Bubinga. I what one of the 3 and also the Wicker Grille. Has anyone seen these finishes and what do you think looks the best. Most of the time it will be sitting in the family room of my house. One last item when I order this is there anything special I should change on the amp. Not sure if you can. This will be my last amp.
Thanks!
Jim :lol: 8)

Hi. I'm new to the board. Got hold of this MarkIV hardwood compact combo some time last year. Its an African Mahogany. Should give you a rough idea what to expect when you place an order. Hope that helps a lil'. It will be your last amp. :wink:

You can view them pics here.

http://sg.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cliffdove75/album?.dir=b77dscd&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//sg.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cliffdove75/my_photos

thats one sweet cabinet,If I were to order a hardwood cab I would prefer something with more figuring,nice aaa flame maple or summint,my opinion

you must remember that the wood used on the cabinet plays a small role on the tone projected by the amp, just like a guitar's wood plays a role in the tone.

generally speaking, maple will be a lot brighter and some other woods like mahogany will be darker and punchier.

It's not a big difference, but it exists. Do a search for this stuff on the forum. It's a topic that was discussed about a year ago.

PHYX said:
I'm going with a New Mark IV 1x12 wide body combo. I've been trying to find one on Ebay but it"s to hard to find one that might be good. I'm going to get one with an custom fit. I'm not sure on the wood finish. You can get the Imbuya, African Ribbon Mahogany or the Bubinga. I what one of the 3 and also the Wicker Grille. Has anyone seen these finishes and what do you think looks the best. Most of the time it will be sitting in the family room of my house. One last item when I order this is there anything special I should change on the amp. Not sure if you can. This will be my last amp.
Thanks!
Jim :lol: 8)

Look through the custom gallery at the mesa site and you can see some examples of the hardwood choices

I dont look in the gallery anymore,I brings a tear to my eye :cry:

Most beautiful amp on the planet and they are only in pixel form not in my house waiting to be played :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

This is not a Mark IV, it's an F-50, but this is what bubinga and wicker looks like.

Boogie3.jpg

Boogie1.jpg

I bought one about a year ago and to begin with I was a bit dissapointed. But 1 year downstream and I would never sell it. It takes a while to get the sounds you like but its worth the effort !!!

Exactly, patience is a virtue. Some find their settings faster but it does take a while to really learn this amp. The Mark IV is hard to beat once you know how to use it.

Latest posts

Back